Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What's in a (Middle) Name?

The Middle Name Game...

Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.

Here’s mine with a little “spin” on it…

My middle name ~ Ann:

A: Appreciative. FAMILY: I always wanted 5 children, but - since we had a daughter who is now with Jesus, 2 miscarriages that are with Jesus BUT were given 2 daughters we could raise here on earth - I have to remind myself that I WILL have 5 in heaven and that eternity is MUCH LONGER than our mere life here. MATERIAL POSSESSIONS: I have been VERY "well off" and I have been LITERALLY penniless and I appreciate everything that we have, everything that others - in the Name of Christ - have done for us. I am also SO blessed that so many of our possessions were handed down from much-loved, much-missed loved ones. We have my hubby's grandmother's rocker, my gr-grandma's rocker (not only were my children rocked on it, but I was, my daddy was and my grandpa was!), many pieces of furniture, coat racks, children's toys, bikes, lamps and shelves that my dear daddy refinished or handmade just for my family or me because he loved me so much. It touches my heart that while he was working on these items that he was thinking of me...or my family...with every stroke of the saw, every swish of the paint/finish brush, every turn of a screw. I have jewelry that was passed down...my grandma's pigeon blood ruby ring and a gold ring (she was a VERY poor little Appalachian farm wife/mother - of 14 - so fine jewelry was very treasured); I wear my mom's original wedding ring set and my daddy's wedding ring. Call me sentimental!

~ Phil. 4:11-13 - "...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through HIM Who gives me strength."

N: Noble: I don't say that haughtily, but humbly. I have been reborn - through no good doing of my own - and adopted as a child of THE KING! I am His clay that is being continually shaped for HIS noble purposes, most of which I have no idea what they will be. And it may not even have anything to do with ME. Like Rahab, I have a tainted past - but I have been forgiven and made brand new, and like Rahab, I may be in the family line of someone who will do mighty, mighty things for God's Kingdom, if the Lord should tarry. It may even be one of my daughters!

~ 2 Tim. 2:20-21 - "In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work."

N: Name: Name? Of all words...Name? Yes! I am thrilled, I am excited, I am impatient to find out the name that God, Himself, has picked out JUST FOR ME!! Have you ever given that any thought? For some unknown reason, for me, this fact of my future is beyond exciting! I know how much thought my husband and I put into picking the names for our daughters...how much MORE thought - being the thoughtful, insightful Father that He is - has God put into the name that HE has picked out just for ME! That ONLY HE & I will know! WOW!!! It makes me SO happy! The thoughtfulness, the intimacy of our Father/daughter relationship when I finally get to go home!

~ Rev. 2:17 - "...I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it." Rev. 3:12 - "...I will also write on him My new name."

Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails