Why do comfort foods taste so much better in the cool, crisp weather of fall and winter? Some of my favorites are ANYTHING with cinnamon, cloves and/or pumpkin. What about you?
This blend is so special ~ it can be used as a honey blend for your favorites breads and rolls . . . a syrup for pancakes, Johnny cakes, French toast, Amish French toast, waffles ~ you can even pour it over fruit plates, rich French vanilla ice cream or mixed into your favorite Greek yogurt . . . OR save a little to blend into your homemade butter for your Thanksgiving and Christmas breads, rolls or over your sweet potato casserole.
Here are the two recipes . . .
Cinnamon Basil Honey
You will need:
~1 c. local honey (harvested within 30 miles of your home; rich in immunity-builders)
~1/2 ts. ground cinnamon (ceylon cinnamon is healthier for your sugar levels)
~1 TB brandy (this tiny bit of brandy will boost the antioxidant value of the honey)
~1 sprig of fresh basil (a natural mood-lifter, and source of Vitamin K and even more antioxidants)
~small sauce pan
~honey jar with lid
1) in the sauce pan, over low heat, blend together the honey, cinnamon and brandy
2) place the sprig of fresh basil in the honey jar and then pour the warmed honey mixture over it
3) cover the jar and let it steep for at least one week before your use it
You will need:
~soft homemade butter
~3-4 ts of the cinnamon basil honey, above
1) blend or whip the two ingredients together, thoroughly
2) spread on any type of breads, pancakes, waffles, French toast, Amish French toast, toast, sweet potatoes, etc.
Let me know how much you LOVE this honey and/or butter.
Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><