Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, January 11, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#61~ 1/11/10

For Today...

Outside my window...white, white & more white. With more on the way.

I am thinking...that this is a sad anniversary. 24 years ago this morning, our 1st gorgeous little girl, Jessica, died of SIDS at 12-1/2 weeks old.

I am thankful for...restoration. The Lord restored my 'mommy's heart' by giving us 2 other beautiful daughters.

From the kitchen...it's a bread baking day! There's nothing like the smell (& taste!) of fresh bread right out of the oven. (See my December posting of my flaxseed bread recipe.)

I am wearing...jeans, turtle neck, warm socks.
I am remembering…blessings.

I am going…to take DD#2 to work, run a few errands.

I am reading..."Lie Women Believe" for Sunday School. I'm hunting for my copy of "The Ragamuffin Gospel" to re-read...can't find it yet.

I am hoping...that 2010 will be an awesome year for our family.
On my mind…my mom.

I am creating...a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am hearing...the radio, my DD#2 getting ready for work.
Noticing that…my hot coffee mug feels so good to my cold fingers! :-)

Pondering these words…"The quetions is, do we really believe God is bigger than any human authority? Do we believe He is big enough to change that authority's heart if necessary? Do we believe He is big enough to protect us if we take our rightful place under authority? Do we believe He knows what is best for us, & are we willing to trust Him to fulfill His perfect, eternal purposes for our lives?" ~ "Lies Women Believe", p. 150, Ch. 6~"Lies Women Beleive...About Marriage."

Around the house...cleaning up from the weekend, laundry, baking, brushing out the dog...
One of my favorite things...yesterday morning, on the way to church, EVERYTHING was COVERED w/what the Bible refers to as a 'hoary frost'! EVERYTHING was COVERED w/white!! All the limbs of every tree & bush was exquisitely detailed & then surrounded by frosty fog. It was one of the most beautiful mornings I've ever seen. Seriously. If I would have had my camera I may never have made it to church. Wish I had a photo to show you! :-/

A Scripture thought... "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds." ~II Cor. 10:3-4. [emphasis mine~KW<><]

A few plans for the rest of the week...a club I'm in w/ladies from our church, "Cuisine Queens", are meeting tonight for a demo/sampling of Korean food! Mmmmm...

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
A favorite Currier & Ives from 1870~A Home in the Wilderness.


Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to read about your baby girl. Lord comfort you during this time of remembering. The Lies Women Believe book, I've read that, but it has been before I was married. I need to read it again, I remember there being a lot of great things in it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails