Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Friday, November 4, 2011

Homemade Bubble Bath


Google Photo

A Facebook friend of mine asked me if I had any recipes for bubble bath & I realized that I hadn't posted any. So . . . in honor of my friend's request . . . AND . . . since we JUST had a new bathtub/shower installed yesterday . . . here's a bubble bath recipe for you ~

You will need:


~1/2 c. UNscented liquid Castile soap
~3/4 c. water
~1/2 ts. sea salt

~15-20 drops of your favorite essential oil . . . EX:
**Lavender for relaxing & taking away tension, stress & headaches
**Eucalypus for colds & opening sinuses
**Chamomile for softening skin & relaxing
**Rosemary for sinuses, brain stress, headaches
{Here's a little secret just between you & me . . . simply adding several drops of your favorite essential oil in a bottle of UNscented liquid Castile soap is great all by itself!}

Google Photo

Directions:

1) Pour soap into a medium-sized bowl & SLOWLY add water so it won't bubble over; stir GENTLY until mixed.
2) Add sea salt & stir until it thickens into a light gel.
3) Add essential oil of choice & stir until well blended.
4) Pour into a pretty bottle w/a good cap OR into a wide-mouthed jar w/a gasket lid.
5) This can also be used as a body wash.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

9 comments:

  1. You have officially been pinned on PINTEREST. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe for a bubble bath. I will have to try it. I love a good old bubble bath. Blessings to you for all your fun ideas and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed your blog. I enjoy all your recipes and remedies!

    I have linked your blog to mine so that I can find it easily! http://newcreationcottage.blogspot.com

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you find or buy unscented liquid castile soap? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking ~ usually you can find it at any health food store. Many groceries that have a "healthy" section have started carrying castile soaps, too.

      Blessings . . .

      Delete
    2. how do you get the different color?

      Delete
    3. Just a few drops of natural, plant-based food coloring. :-)

      Delete
  5. HELP!!!! What in the world am I doing wrong? I have tried to make this twice now & I can't get it to thicken at all. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm . . . I've never had that happen. Try cutting back on the water to 1/2 c.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails