Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Homemade Seasoned Salt

If you enjoy seasoned salt - especially Tastefully Simple's blend - you will LOVE this! I used to work for Tastefully Simple & my husband's favorite item was their seasoned salt; I used to tease that, since he used it on so many things, I expected to see him use it on ice cream one of these days! lol

NOW...he's hooked on my homemade seasoned salt! I was given this recipe from a dear lady at church & I will never buy seasoned salt again...


5 TB. Sea Salt

1/2 ts. dried thyme leaves

1/2 ts. marjoram

1/2 ts. garlic salt

2-1/2 ts. paprika
1/2 ts. curry powder

1 ts. dry mustard
1/2 ts. onion powder

1/8 ts. dill seed

1/2 ts. celery seed
1/2 ts. oregano

2 TB. parsley flakes

~ Combine all ingredients in a bowl & EITHER grind larger items w/a mortar & pestel before blending OR put all ingredients into a blender & process until blended.

~ Store in an air-tight shaker container. It keeps 'forever'!

~ Use sparingly, a little goes a long way.

Enjoy!

Blessings from Ohio, Kim <><

4 comments:

  1. I will have to try this one myself!! thanks so much, I so love reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be trying this one! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your homemade ideas, I have not tried all of them, but this one I will.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails