Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kim's Absolute Favorite Herb Mix

I use this on SO much! I found the 1st 3 ingredients in a book & then experimented w/other ingredients & amounts until this worked best. I spinkle it on chicken breasts (in olive oil w/a little Spike Seasoning...see below), hamburgers, pork chops; ALL Italian dishes or sauces; I use it in dips, soups, stews, oil & vinegar dressings, herb butter, herb bread...it's an all-around awesome mix!

~1 c. dried parsley
~1/2 c. dried dill weed
~1/4 c. dried chives
~1/2 c. dried oregano
~1/4 c. dried thyme
~1/4 c. dried basil ~ optional

1) Mix together in a bowl w/a whisk & put into your favorite container. Makes 2-1/2 c.

2) This amount fits perfectly in a Kraft parmesan cheese shaker.

3) FYI...my favorite way to use this is on boneless, skinless chicken breasts. In a med-hot skillet, lay your chicken breasts in a little olive oil, spinkle a little bit of Spike natural seasoning & as much of this herb mix as you like (experiment!). Heat through. I suggest serving with broccoli & yellow rice OR long grain & wild rice. ENJOY!

Blessings from Ohio...Kim W<><

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really nice combination of herbs, Kim. Where do you find Spike seasoning? Not familiar with the name. Oh...and I have to tell you that my trip to the Bulk Store in Oakland, MD yesterday was great! There are a few in Springs, PA that I want to check out when my supplies start running low again. Thanks for sharing your herb mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Ohio I can find Spike Seasoning at Kroger, Meijer & it seems like someone told me they saw it in a Wal Mart grocery; also in health food stores...but usually a little more expensive there.

    I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to the bulk food store. What fun! It's amazing how much $$ you can save when buying in bulk.

    Blessings from Ohio...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally found this great herb mix and I plan on making it this week. I can't wait to test it out in several different ways in my own kitchen. First, a simple salad dressing and then I'll move on to adding it to one of my marinades for chicken or fish. I already know that it will be the very best since I work with the wonderful woman who created it!

    Love ya Kim,

    Keep the Faith

    ReplyDelete
  4. it sounds so yummy! I will try this!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails