Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#70~ 3/16/10

For Today...
Outside my window...beautiful, sunshine!! Hello, Sunshine. I've missed you!

I am thinking...about the job interview I had yesterday.

I am thankful for...a husband who loves the Lord, loves me, loves our girls & works so hard to make ends meet.

From the kitchen...fresh loaf of my flaxseed bread.

I am wearing...jeans, black pull-over shirt with 3/4 sleeves.

I am remembering…34 years ago, today.

I am going…to take DD#2 to work & then going to the farm stores w/my friend, Emily.

I am reading...my new Bible. Now that I have all of my notes, highlights & underlines transferred from my old Bible, I'm really enjoying this one. It's smaller & lighter weight & fits nicely in my hands.

I am hoping...the next few days go as well as possible for some dear friends of ours who lost their mom/gr-ma.

On my mind…making ends meet.

I am creating...a peaceful home.

I am hearing...the radio, my bracelet jangling while I type.

Noticing that…I need a hair cut (I want it cut like my photo again).

Pondering these words…"The written word is man's greatest invention." ~ Abe Lincoln.

Around the house...repair man coming out to fix the porch roof. :-/

One of my favorite things...sitting on our log front porch swing, reading & listening to the birds, watching the chipmonks skitter past w/their little tails pointing straight up to the sky.

A Scripture thought...Proverbs 15:16 ~ "Better a little w/the fear of the Lord than great wealth w/turmoil."

A few plans for the rest of the week...taking DD#2 to/from work, attending a funeral, household duties, DD#1 coming over for my b-day on Thursday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
A beautiful Celtic cross in honor of St. Patrick. Who...as a descendant of Scotts, I'm glad to say...was SCOTTISH!!!!!!!!!!!! ~lol~

Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog, Kim, and
    I'm enjoying it so much. Hope you have
    a great birthday!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy...I'm so glad you found it, too!

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you've got to go to IKEA...it's alot of fun and I almost always find something because the price is right! It is still one of the few places that you can buy something for under $5.

    Tristan and Isolde is in my top three favorite movies. I think it came out in 2006. If you liked Tristan in Legends of the Fall, you will like this Tristan. Completely different characters but both good! And Isolde is beautiful. She reads from the book Song of Solomon when they fall in love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! And I loved your "banana facts" post. Super! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok girl, you have outdone yourself again! How'd you change the color to pink? Too adorable for words! I will see if I can't try the flax seed bread :) Lovely, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails