Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Kitchen Questions 2010
1. Do you have magnets on your fridge? You mean, is there a fridge under my magnets?!
2. Do you have a calendar in your kitchen, if so, what's the theme of it? I have a calendar that my FIL gives all of his extended family every Christmas. He orders it from somewhere and it has HUGE daily squares to write in. We all love it.
3. What is your favorite kitchen gadget or tool? My wooden spatula.
4. Are you lucky enough to have a pantry of some kind? No.
5.What is your favorite appliance? My electric skillet and my bread maker (I let it knead the dough and rise there and then I bake it in my oven).
6. Do you have an eat in kitchen (table in it)? Yes.
7. Do you have a bread box? No.
8. Do you have a picture of your kids on the fridge? Yes (see photo above).
9. Do you ever cook breakfast in your PJs? Is there any other way?
10. Do you have a favorite cookbook that you use? Yes, an old Betty Crocker book and my own that I've added to since we got married 25 years ago.
11. Are you lucky enough to have recipes that were passed down from your mom or grandma? Yes, and they are in the cookbook that I've made for myself.
12. Whats your favorite food? Mexican, Italian and Briar (that's Ohio-speak for Kentucky country cooking)!
13. Whats your favorite thing to cook? Taco soup.
14. Is your coffee pot electric or stove top? Electric
15. Do you ever make your own bread? Yes, flaxseed bread, it's the only kind of bread we eat. At least at home.
16. Name one thing that you have hanging on your wall in your kitchen. The last Christmas my daddy was alive he made me a 6 ft. long shelf for my antique and reproduction tins. I also hang some of my garden herbs on it. I love it!
17. Is there a clock in your kitchen? Yes, on the stove and microwave.
18. Do you have a bowl of fruit sitting on your table or counter? Yes, a bowl of "Cuties" organges.
19. What type of canisters do you have? Country-type canisters w/gasket lids and a collection of antique canning jars.
20. Does your kitchen have a theme? Country w/antique and reproduction canning jars and tins - all serving a function, not just to look at - and a lot of blue sponge-ware.
21. What's for supper tonight? Not sure, possibly dirty rice.
22. Do you have enough cabinet space? I will once I clean them out - AGAIN.
23. Does your family use paper plates? On occasion - usually in the Summer & for Growth Group snacks.
24. Do you have a good set of china? Yes. It is what I have from our wedding. Actually, it's NOT the pattern I picked out - my mom went behind my back and changed my registry to what SHE liked and I didn't find out until we started opening our wedding gifts. I was blessed w/many sets so I kept them. Anyway...I have in mind that I would like to put them on e-bay and then get the one I REALLY wanted (English Rose OR Spode's American Woodland/Wildlife)...it's been 25 years, think she'll notice?
25. Do you wear an apron to work in your kitchen? Yes. I wear my grandma's "all over" apron when I fry or bake or I barrow my DD#2's apron she made as a homeschool project. I'd like to get another one so that I can keep my grandma's nice.
26. Name one thing, if anything, that you would like to change about your kitchen. Can I make it 3? Ok...1) a Farmer's sink, 2) a reproduction woodburning-looking stove, like a Heartland or something similar, w/gas burners; and 3) a new hardwood floor. (These were all planned before my sweet hubby got laid off last April.)
If you decided to take part in "Kitchen Questions 2010" on you blog, be sure to let other readers know in you comments!!
Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><