Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, March 8, 2010

Kim's Pico De Gallo

THIS IS IT!! We used to go to a little whole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant that had THE best pico de gallo/salsa - I'm telling you, the chips were only used as a mere instrument to get the stuff into your mouth! :-P Unfortunately, it was a little too whole-in-the-wall, the Mexicans apparently didn't get very good marketing advice and it closed. OH, WOE IS ME!! So, I set out to concoct the next best thing and, through trial and error and advice, I DO believe that I have it! I hope that you will try this and let me know what YOU think...

~4-6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
~1/2 lg. Onion, chopped
~4-6 Jalapeno Peppers (depending on your taste and stomach lining), chopped
~1 LARGE bunch of fresh Cilantro, chopped

~1-2 cloves of Garlic, chopped...OR...1-1/2 ts. Garlic Powder
~Lime juice - to taste (I buy those little plastic juice-filled limes & count to 3 while I squirt)
~Sea Salt or Real Salt - several large shakes, to taste


~~~ Mix together, break out the tortilla chips or Mexican food and ENJOY!!


Blessings from Ohio, Kim<><

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kim! Do I ever love this salsa! Our daughter and son-in-law lived in Mexico City for 12 years as missionaries and we've enjoyed this salsa many many times. The first time I was served this delicious salsa was as an appetizer in a Mexican restaurant in Mexico City. It was served with rolls...hard and crusty on the outside and wonderfully soft on the inside. We would break off a piece of the roll and dip it into the salsa! Oh yum! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    I also wanted to thank you for stopping by last week and leaving me such special comments. I appreciate your insight into things.

    Hope you have a wonderful Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I love pico! I always add chopped avocado and cilantro to mine, maybe a dash of cumin. Could eat it all day, and surprisingly it's one of the only things that sounds good when I have morning sickness! I ate it all through nausea with my first, and it's been on the menu more than once with this one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails