Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#145~ 12/6/11


For Today . . .

Outside my window . . .
gray & cold. Oh . . . that's right, it's December in Ohio!

I am thinking . . .
that I wish I had a few days off, I have so much to do.

I am thankful for . . . that the CHRISTmas shows that we sang in this past weekend went very well ~ over 700 people came to the 2 shows! The little bit of $$ my mom (& daddy) left me. What a blessing to have some extra to have home repairs done & for CHRISTmas. Thank You, Lord, & thank you Mother & Daddy.

From the kitchen . . .
bread baking day, I need to make some more laundry detergent . . . & I think I'll make my Bigmom's potato soup. Comfort food on a cold, dark winter's day. Yum!

I am wearing . . . jeans, heather gray thermal henley shirt, black socks. If it's denim, thermal or flannel it quickly becomes a favorite.

I am creating . . .
a peaceful, CHRIST-centered home.

I am going . . .
to take DD#2 to work, pick up some paint for the bathroom, go to work.

I am wondering . . .
if you like my CHRISTmas music?

I am reading . . . Being George Washington (excellent!!), The Story & The Heart of the Story.

I am hoping . . .
that we can get everything fixed & remodeled around the house that we need to. Oh, what a glorious day! lol

I am looking forward to . . .
putting up the CHRISTmas decorations. We haven't been able to w/the work going on. I've never waited this long to put them up before. :-/

I am hearing . . . radio, Maggie barking at the repairman, the repairman working.

Around the house . . .
laundry, baking, general pick up, continually wiping dust off of things as the bathroom remodel goes on. :-/

One of my favorite things . . .
how paint can completely change a room.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . family time, work, an annual CHRISTmas dinner w/some friends, work, Sunday worship w/the saints.

Pondering these words . . .
"The greatest outcome of the American Revolution was this: the indesoluable bond between the God of the Bible & government." ~John Quency Adams.

Scripture thought . . .
"For NOTHING is impossible with God." ~Luke 1:37 [emphasis mine]

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . . .

Can't wait to put the tree back up.

Read 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

1 comment:

  1. nice post! thanks for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails