Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's Never a Good Thing When . . .

. . . your bathroom sink & wall cabinet is in your kitchen!

This cabinet will soon be painted & "aged." :-)

The reason they are temporarily there is b/c we are having what I am hoping will be a gorgeous new porcelain tile floor installed in our downstairs bathroom. Woohoo! I'm so excited that the nasty, cruddy, never-looked-clean-even-after-you-cleaned-it, OLD flooring is taken up & taken away. It's taking a little longer than expected to install the new flooring b/c of the condition of the old sub-flooring ~ a problem we were not quite expecting. We're just glad we weren't showering in the cellar!

But this is a part of the "charm" of living in an older home that most people don't anticipate: almost anytime you up-date or repair something, count on finding something else that will have to be up-dated or repaired before the original plan can begin. :-/ (And since the original part of our house ~ which the downstairs bathroom is in ~ is over 170 years old, I think it qualifies as an older home.) We already replaced the old tub/shower last week & I have my lovely Venetian Bronze faucet & shower head . . . looooving it!

So . . . Here is what that bathroom cabinet & cruddy old floor looked like 2 days ago . . .


Ick :-(

And here's what my bathroom looks like now . . .

I thought it was especially funny that the repair man put the toilet in the empty hole by the tub where the cabinet goes! Ha!

I'll up-date you w/the finished project soon . . . I hope. (Gulp) :-?

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

6 comments:

  1. OOOHHH, been there, done that! My heart goes out to you, Kim :) Our house underwent a major remodel 6 years ago; started in August and lasted through January! I just remember trying to live in the middle of our construction zone with the entire back wall of our home blown out and nothing but stucco paper between us and the outside world! But the result??? A whole new kitchen, entirely new family room and a beautiful dining room! These are growing pains, but it will be worth it in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Can't wait to see your finished bathroom :D
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. We, like Debbie, only 5 years ago survived a major remodel, from Sept through June(!), but the Lord was so merciful in that our winter was very mild that year! We, too, absolutely love the results and believe it was worth the added stress. I can hardly wait to see your finished bathroom, Kim. ~Lori Cripe

    ReplyDelete
  4. we just got done doing the same thing! but it looks so much better now! patience is a virtue lol ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. We once had an older home and it is so true that once you start updating you run into all sorts of problems. I will look forward to the pictures of your new bathroom. It always feel so good when it is all completed.
    I really love older homes and enjoyed the moments we had one.
    Blessings to you and enjoy the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Kim, I've enjoyed my visit here today. I've added you to my blog reads. I imagine you will be very glad when all the remodeling is over. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails