Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Friday, December 16, 2011

Home & Travel Remedy Checklist

My dear co-worker, Faith, found this information for me. Thanks, Faith! And if I knew where the credit went I'd list it, but most of this is from an article she snipped for me w/a few of my own additives.

These are great remedies ~ homeopathics & blends ~ many of them I have tried myself. I'm sure they will benefit your family, too.


CUTS & SORES:
  • Tea tree oil
  • Lavender essential oil
  • Calendula-based salve
IMMUNITY:
  • Echinacea
  • Ravenfara essential oil
  • Probiotics
  • Vitamin C
INSECT BITES & RASHES:
  • Citrus essential oils
  • Peppermint essential oil
INTESTINAL PROBLEMS:
  • Probiotics
  • Digestive enzymes (I am a BIG fan of papaya enzymes, they got me off of Nexium)
  • Chamomile tea
  • Ginger ~ raw, crystallized or tea
HEADACHES:
  • Peppermint essential oil
  • Homeopathic remedies (including: Belladonna ~ for fever, flu, headaches, sensitivity to light; Bryonia ~ dry coughs, colds/flu, joint pain, constipation, headaches, breast pain while nursing; Nux Vomica ~ nausea, indigestion &/or vomiting)
JET LAG:
  • Melatonin
  • Hemeopathic remedies (including: Arnica Montana, Cocculus Indicus, & Nux Vomica ~ Boiron has a "kit" w/all 3 in it & is sold at most health food stores)
MOTION SICKNESS:
  • Melatonin
  • Ginger (have a bag of crystallized ginger "candy" w/you)
  • Homeopathic remedies (including Nux Vomica)
MUSCLE ACHES, SORE FEET:
  • Arnica Montana (Homeopathic)
  • Arnica gel, cream or ointment ~ or any other salve or balm w/an Arnica base
  • Topical analgesic (like Tiger Balm)
SLEEPLESSNESS:
  • Valerian
  • Melatonin
  • Lavender essential oil (sprinkle on pillow, hold bottle under your nose & inhale deeply 4-5 times)
SUNBURN:
  • Aloe vera gel
  • Lavender essential oil

**NOTE** Do not take essential oils internally. Please see disclaimer at bottom of screen.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

3 comments:

  1. This is such a charming picture...thank you. I am just now getting into essential oils, this is a handy dandy list, a quick go to place. I like learning about thesee and how they can help us naturally as it was intended.

    From Faith: Crochet by the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellow sweet friend...finally getting a chance to check in. Enjoyed reading ALL your previous posts I have missed this past week.

    I pray you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas.

    Hugs,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to learn how to use all of these. Do you have a book or site you recommend for those of us who are totally lost?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails