Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Friday, December 9, 2011

Bathroom Renovation ~ Part Deux

Another week of the downstairs bathroom renovation . . . but things are moving on & are starting to transform. I'm very excited.

One afternoon this week, I left for work & the bathroom floor looked like this:

When I came home it looked like this! . . .

Oooh! It's starting to look very "purdyful"!

So, while my bathroom vanity is sitting in my kitchen, I took the opportunity to paint & "age" it ~ you know, I just love that Primitive look. I'm trying to use all historic colors & most of them are coming from Olde Century Colors, but a few may be coming from the Eddie Bauer Home collection.

The under-coat for the vanity is Olde Century's Tinderbox Brown . . .

and the over-coat is Tavern Yellow.

I used a bristle brush to paint with so that the under-coat shows through like old, faded paint & then I used my fingers or a rag & lightly brushed over the places where wear would occur over time.

Looks better in person. :-/

I will also use these colors & technique to paint the new wall cabinet that the handyman will be making & my light switch plates, I will paint the bathroom walls in Bittersweet. I'm going back to the hardware store, today, to pick up the bronze drawer pulls I forgot (sheesh) the last time I was there; they will match my sink faucet & shower hardware.

Then . . . on to redoing the kitchen!

I'll do the same technique on the kitchen cupboards w/the Tinderbox Brown under but use the Goldenrod Yellow over; take off the wallpaper & paint the walls Olde Brick Red. Hopefully, we'll be able to move on to the living room & I'll paint the walls in Eddie Bauer's Pine Needle (which is really a light sage) & THEN . . . hopefully . . . those hard-wood floors we were going to put in before THE Man got laid off in '09!! Woohoo! And believe me ~ this 170+ year old house NEEDS every bit of TLC it's getting!

And another good part of the week . . . my Earth Shoe boots came in! They are so comfy, cozy & fuzzy ~ it will be such a shame to have to put them away in the spring! '-)

Thank You, LORD, for the gift that my parents left me in order to do all this. All because they loved us, their blessings are still benefiting my family. God IS good.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

3 comments:

  1. Love your home make-over and colors you chose...I just got new boots too! LOL..mine are totes and fur lined for using while snow blowing the drive..which we got snow this AM ...but only an inch...
    ~~Peace & Love & Healing & Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Kim! I need to know more about the brush you used to do the top coat with. Do a post on that brush.....Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails