Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bathroom Renovation ~ Part 4 ~ The Return of the Throne!

Yes! The throne is back to it's rightful place & we are thankfully back to having two. :-) I don't know who "suffered" more while we were down to 1, THE Man b/c he had to put up w/2 women trying to have their "private" time, or we women just simply trying to have our "private" time! Ha!

So . . . Let's review. When this remodel adventure 1st started, our poor, tired bathroom looked like this . . . eww . . .

Now, when you walk in, it looks like this! . . .


Aren't those little lights cute? Usually, I keep an electric candle lit in my bathroom all the time (it helps during those nightly visits to have a low light on so that you don't have to turn on the bright bathroom light & blind yourself), but I found this strand of lovely, soft-glowing silicone coated lights at the primitive store where I got my paint. LOVE them! They are just "enough."

I am so happy w/how the floors look & how the distressed paint on the vanity looks. I will stain the floor-boards today or tomorrow & then they will be put down. Oh, & I even painted & distressed the light switches & electrical outlet plates.

The door to our small wall cabinet is painted & distressed & waiting to be reattached, & the hole in the wall by the tub will soon house our newly made linen closet, which will also be painted & distressed to match the vanity.

When I stain the base-boards they will match the window frame & large wall mirror. But I'm thinking of painting & distressing the new door like the vanity & cabinets instead of staining it like the wood floor trim. What do you think?

I can't tell you how grateful I am that we are blessed to get this done. This old 170+ year old house needs a face-lift & we have been through a lot together in the past 14 years. Thank You, Lord, for making this possible.

More to come . . .

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

6 comments:

  1. Happy for You that the remodel is finished and the results are lovely!
    ~~Peace & Love & Joy & Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I bet you are going to LOVE your new bathroom. I love giving old things a facelift! Sounds like you have lots of opportunity to do that while recreating your antique home. What a blessing! Now you have a retreat for those quiet times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new bathroom. I am happy you got it finished. We are all so spoiled; I remember the outhouse days at least on my Uncle's ranch.
    Blessings to you and enjoy the moments of this season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks just lovely.

    I pray you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas.

    Hugs,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great! You have worked hard and it shows. I love the prim look. We are in the "one" bathroom time right now. Hopefully we can complete our second bathroom in the Spring. Until then........ well, you understand. Blessings and have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so nice! I love the warm colors! Our house is only 11 years old but we have started to do painting as everything was looking dingy from the wood heat over the years. I love fresh and new! Thanks for sharing these great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails