Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#83~ Lamb of God, No Embellishment Required

"Abraham answered, 'God Himself will provide the lamb . . .'" ~Gen. 22:8

"The next day John [the Baptist] saw Jesus coming toward him and said, 'Look, the Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the world.'" ~John 1:29

"Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne . . . Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and then thousand times ten thousand . . . In a loud voice they sang: 
'Worthy is the Lamb, Who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and
wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!'"
~Rev. 5:6,11-12

I became a Christian at age 23 and attended a church led by a very gifted young preacher. I remember soaking up all the great Bible teaching in every sermon and I eagerly anticipated my first Easter as a Christian. A couple of weeks before Easter Sunday, I was talking to our pastor and he asked me to pray for him, "I'm having a hard time putting together my Easter sermon. I'm trying to tell it in a new way so that people don't get tired of the same ol' thing every Easter." 

I replied to him, "Well, there are other new believers like me in the congregation and we've never really heard some of the details, and besides, isn't there really only one story?" He looked at me and grinned, "You're absolutely right." If ever God used me, I think He used me then.

Some stories require no embellishment; they are simple, true and all you need to know in themselves. Jesus' triumph over death, hell and the grave is just that ~ the simple truth of God's one and only Son, Jesus Christ, leaving the glories and adoration heaven to come to earth, put up with all our ignorance and shenanigans and still CHOOSE to be our once-for-all sacrificial Lamb of God so that we can be with Him forever

The best part of the story is what happened on Easter morning!  He ROSE from the dead! Jesus proved He is God's Son by rising from the dead and taking His rightful seat at the right-hand of God (Luke 22:69). And there He will stay until God tells Him to come back for His own . . . for His followers, His bride.

It would be great to see you there. If you haven't yet, won't you please ask Jesus to forgive your sins? Turn away from those sins (repent) and live in the assurance that, one day, YOU will be joining angels without number around the Throne of God singing praises to the One Who arose from the grave that first Easter morning ~ "the Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the world!" 

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<>< 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written, Kim. And you are so right...when it comes to Easter, isn't there really only ONE story? May you have a wonderful time of celebrating that glorious resurrection day with your family. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails