Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#74~ Better Than I Deserve

"The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor His anger forever; He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." ~Psalm 103:9-12

"The he said to his servants, 'The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come." ~Matt. 22:8
There is a man who comes into the store where I work, he's a regular customer and a Christian. Whenever he comes in, one of us will say, "Hi Andy, how are ya?" EVERY TIME, he will say, "Better than I deserve!"

. . . And aren't we all doing better than we deserve?

I know I am. When you look up "Sinner saved by grace," you'll find my picture right next to it. Because of Christ's redeeming grace, I have been saved from the sure fires of hell; my eternity will be "better than I deserve."

As Christians, we have all been forgiven much. But we have a bad habit, as time goes on, of "forgetting" just how much the Lord has done for us. We "forget" what we have been saved from. That is the one thing that we must NOT do.

Taking our salvation for granted will cause us to not be the witness we may need to be; to not take it seriously. Eternity in heaven or hell looms before every person who draws breath. Everyday brings us closer to the Lord's return. Will He return in our lifetime? Maybe . . . maybe not. But, all the same, we are not promised tomorrow. 

Everyone we meet who does not know the Lord as their Savior, who has not been forgiven their sins, needs to know ~ needs to be forgiven. They need to know the freedom and love of Jesus Christ. Someone told us, now we need to be there for others ~ they could be family members, neighbors, friends, school-mates, co-workers . . . maybe even the person sitting next to you at church. You never know where someone is in their Christian walk; we are in their lives for a reason. We can introduce them to the Person Who can give them a gift that they, too, do not deserve but is freely given.

Next time someone asks you, "Who are you today?" Tell them, "Better than I deserve!" You never know what opportunities to witness your answer may open up. 

Blessings from Ohio . . .  Kim<><

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, Bill and I say that all the time ;) We picked it up from Dave Ramsey :-) We are so better than we deserve! Every time I sin, and I am still breathing, I am better than I deserve :-) When I awake, I am better than I deserve. His grace is abounding and mind boggling to me.. I can blow it minute by minute :/ where would I be without a Savior?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave Ramsey always says, "better than I deserve!" It applies to all of us.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gave me some thoughts to ponder upon. Thanks, for your post today and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails