Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, November 26, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#171~ 11/26/12

For today . . . 

Outside my window . . . lovely blue skies & sunshine with a few clouds here & there. We may have snow flurries tonight.

I am thinking . . . that I am ready for snow. :-)

I am thankful . . . for a great Thanksgiving. Our newly married DD#1 & her husband came over & all of us ~ THE Man, DD#2, Maggie the dog & I ~ had a wonderful day. Good food, good conversation, lots of laughs, football & movies. The way it should be.

From the kitchen . . . fresh loaf of my flax bread.

I am wearing . . . Jeans, red & black "Lakeside" hoodie. To see why our family loves Lakeside, Ohio click HERE & HERE. This is one of our family's favorite places on earth. It's like Mayberry on Lake Erie.

I am creating . . . a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am going . . . to go to work later today. Monday's are like that . . . THE Man comes home & I leave. :-(

I am wondering . . . what the new year will bring. I'm praying for GOOD things.

I am hoping . . . that my brother will find peace in his life.

I am reading . . . "A Patriot's History of the United States." I wish this would have been available when we were homeschooling, it would have been required reading as our American history book. It will take a while to read ~ I'm sure I will go back & forth several times ~ but it is fascinating reading from the perspective of someone who LOVES America and tells the truth of our founding and history.

I am looking forward to . . . coming home from work, tonight! Ha!

I am learning . . . that I am not responsible for the choices extended family members make. As much as I love them, sometimes it's best to be around them as little as possible. It takes two. But my prayers continue.

Around the house . . . general pick-up. Getting my bedroom ready to move in my mom's antique bedroom suit. What a treasure, what a blessing to have. I'll try to remember to post some pictures.

One of my favorite things . . . antiques that have been passed through the family. The fingerprints of loving hands now gone.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . family time, work, reading, blogging, writing church newsletter's weekly devotion, making some plans . . .

A favorite quote for the day . . . "Forgiveness is costly. I must be willing to give up something I think is rightfully mine. Jesus gave up His life to purchase forgiveness of my many sins." ~From my Sunday's sermon notes.

Scripture thought . . ."Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." ~Colossians 3:12-14

A picture thought for you . . . 
I've used this picture as a blog header & as wall paper on my PC for several winters past. This simple scene is very sweet & sentimental to me ~ to me, it looks quite a bit like the farmhouse where my grandpa spent his last few years "at home" as a teenager in southern Ohio; when his family moved from Kentucky.
Read 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails