I had 3 problems I needed to find a homemade answer to:
1) I just love the recipe I found for homemade solid deodorant, but since it needs to be kept in the refrigerator, it doesn't travel well. Bummer.
2) THE Man has a . . . "wetness issue" . . . & I don't like for him ~ or anyone else in our family ~ to use anti-perspirants. Time & time again, they are linked with certain cancers (specifically, breast cancer in women).
3) Can I find the answer to these dilemmas with 1 product?
The Answer: a homemade SPRAY deodorant :-)
Sage has always been a great natural deodorant. It can reduce sweat gland function by as much as 50%; it is also anti-septic, astringent & reduces pore size. Sage deodorant also works great on foot odor, just spray in your shoes & on the bottom of your feet.
WARNING ~ **DO NOT use sage if you are pregnant or have epilepsy!!! You may substitute cypress essential oil.**
You will need:
~2/3 c witch hazel
~2 ts zinc-oxide powder
~2 TB aloe vera juice (NOT gel)
~30-40 drops of sage essential oil **or cypress essential oil**
~8 oz (approximately) dark glass (preferably) or plastic spray/mist bottle
- in a bowl, pour in the witch hazel, add the zinc-oxide powder to it, stir a little to blend
- add the aloe vera juice & sage essential oil
- carefully pour the mixture into the spray bottle
Here's a spray deodorant for sensitive skin ~
You will need:
~spray bottle, witch hazel, zinc-oxide & aloe vera juice listed above
~30 drops of calendula extract (I recommend a tincture from Herb Pharm ~ you can get these at your local heath food store)
~10-20 drops of lavender essential oil
~Same as above.
Calendula & lavender are powerful yet gentle germ, bacteria & odor fighters.
Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><