Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Homemade Solid Deodorant

Quite a while back, I referred you to a link about making your own homemade solid deodorant. Now, I'm going to show you my own. :-)


I've used this for about 1-1/2 years & simply love it. I really didn't think I would like it as much as I do when I first started using it.


You will need:

  • 1/4 c. baking soda
  • 1/4 c. arrowroot powder
  • 6 TB coconut oil (solid)
  • 1 medium-sized bowl
  • 1-2 empty solid deodorant container(s)
 Directions:

1) in a bowl, mix together all ingredients; mix well until ingredients are soft & pliable

2) adjust deodorant container so that the "lift" is all the way down; scoop and stuff mixture into the container, leaving a little at the top to smooth over
 

3) put in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to solidify 

4) once your deodorant has solidified, you may use it just like any other solid deodorant. It is wise, however, to keep it in the refrigerator as it will begin to liquify at around 75 degrees & the coolness of it feels SO good on a hot day. 

Also, if you are not fond of a light coconut fragrance, add JUST 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil (lavender, sweet orange, rosemary, tea tree, etc.). 


Let me know how you LOVE it!

ALSO ~ remember that I have recipes for homemade powdered deodorant (great as a foot powder, too!) & homemade spray deodorant.


Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails