Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#149~ 1/24/12


For Today . . .

Outside my window . . .
a blue tarp. Beyond that, it's gray & c-c-cold.

I am thinking . . .
about errands I need to run.

I am thankful . . .
for being able to get a huge home repair done.

In the kitchen . . . bread baking day. Chicken & stir-fried veggies later on.

I am wearing . . .
jeans, rust-colored thermal Old Navy shirt, wool socks. It's COLD!

I am creating . . .
a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am going . . . to run some errands, get as much done around the house as I can before I go to work.

I am wondering . . .
about doing the Daniel Fast.

I am reading . . .
Bible: This week's assignments for The Story are in Daniel & Jeremiah.

I am hoping . . . a certain relationship w/an extended family member will have to come to an end. "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." ~Romans 12:18. Unfortunately, sometimes "living at peace" with someone means severing the strings. :-(

I am looking forward to . . .
the possibility of some day-time hours at work!

I am learning . . . not to rush a good thing.

Around the house . . .
a new roof; banging & pounding . . . driving Maggie the dog crazy. :-/

One of my favorite things . . .
laughing & talking about wonderful family memories.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . family time, work, home repairs, cleaning house, Sunday worship w/the saints.

A favorite quote for the day . . .
"Christianity is NOT a 'self-help religion;' it IS about FORGIVENESS of sin & a RELATIONSHIP with & IDENTITY in Jesus Christ. I am NOT worthless BECAUSE Jesus Christ died for ME!" ~from Sunday's sermon.

Scripture thought . . . "I will show the holiness of My great Name, which has been profaned among the nations, the Name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Sovereign LORD, when I show Myself holy through you before their eyes." ~Ezekiel 36:20-21

A peek into my day . . .

The view outside my window as the roof is being replaced.


Read 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails