Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#148~ 1/17/12

For Today . . .

Outside my window . . . Rain, dreary, dark & gray.

I am thinking . . . that I hope the farm has milk today. I went out there to get milk & brown eggs yesterday & could only get the eggs. Try #2 today.

I am thankful . . . for a dry, warm, cozy home . . . especially on days like this. Lord, please take care those who don't have a dry, warm place to stay out of the rain.

In the kitchen . . . usually Tuesday is bread baking day, but I needed to make a loaf yesterday. I may make some chicken noodle soup, today.

I am wearing . . . jeans, black long-sleeved t-shirt.

I am creating . . . a peaceful, Christ-centered home. A refuge & safe harbor for my family & friends.

I am going . . . to FINALLY take our Christmas tree down today! Ha!

I am wondering . . . if I will REALLY get that Christmas tree down today. '-)

I am reading . . . Bible; The Story.

I am hoping . . . in the expectation of answered prayer.

I am looking forward to . . . 2 days off work!

I am learning . . . once again . . . that God's timing is not my timing.

Around the house . . . general pick up, laundry, making soup, finishing off a little trim work . . . taking down the Christmas tree!

One of my favorite things . . . when THE Man sweetly wakes me up every morning to kiss me good-bye when he leaves for work.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . family time, work, worship practice, taking down the Christmas tree '-) & Sunday worship w/the saints.

A favorite quote for the day . . . "So many people live a 'guilt-focused life' ~ God IS NOT out to get me! If He is, then Jesus Christ died in vain. The opposite is true ~ I AM FORGIVEN BECAUSE OF JESUS CHRIST!" ~from Sunday's Sermon.

Scripture thought . . . "Seek the LORD while He may be found; call on Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for He will freely pardon." ~Isaiah 55:6-7

A peek into my day . . .

Went & got milk off the farm this morning ~ the internet ~ & then the electric ~ went out before I posted the above. Fortunately, I could copy & paste what I had earlier written & then post it after it came back on. I love to go to the farm for my milk & eggs & open their refrigerator & see that line of cream at the tops of the jugs. Mmmm Mm!

Read 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

2 comments:

  1. Love your post ~ are you brainwashing yourself into taking down the tree...or just typing it enough that you don't forget. Its raining down here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol ~ You got it! I hate taking down every year, but since we had our bathroom remodeling going on, we didn't get it up until a week before Christmas, so I feel like I got cheated out of my decorations this year. :-/ But . . . I will take it down, I will take it down, I will take it down . . .

    K~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails