Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#47~ Thanksgiving

PASSAGE: "He reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters . . . He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me." ~II Sam. 22:17, 20

"But to you who revere My Name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing on its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall." ~Malachi 4:2


LESSON LEARNED: There are times that I almost (almost) feel sorry to those who have grown up in a Christian family. Not that I wish ill on anyone or rejoice in a life of sin, but I can't help but think that it may be just a little harder for them to understand real repentance from a life digging their own way to hell and a life that has done a complete 180 degree turn around. I may be wrong . . . but it's an observation. There may even be a hint of jealousy on my part ~ once a group of friends and I were sharing our testimonies, one friend said, "I was basically a good kid, accepted Jesus & got better." To which I replied, "I wish I had your testimony."

I often tell people that I have lived two utterly and completely different lives in my one lifetime. I am truly a sinner saved by grace and when I gave my life to Jesus & felt just like that little calf who was set free and went out leaping with joy . . . and I am thankful.

And in this season of thankfulness, I appreciate the heritage of our great country and the humble, God-ordained beginnings and I celebrate right along with the rest of the country. But I am also most thankful for the Lord's saving grace. I'm thankful that He truly "reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters." That "He rescued me because He delighted in me." He delights in you and me . . . who were in our own way: "the worst of all sinners" (I Tim. 1:15-17).

Oh the joy! Oh the wonder! Oh the Thanksgiving!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to You & Yours!
    ~~Peace & Love & Healing & Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I am so grateful to have a testimony of the Savior, Jesus Christ. I loved your thoughts and scriptures. I do receive great joy in the blessings of the Lord. You always inspire me.
    Blessings to you and I am sure you have had an awesome Thanksgiving day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your comments. I grew up in the church and left it at 13. Then spent a lifetime exploring, kicking, screaming , denying , hating and belittled many. I remember feeling anger when our than pastor's daughter said of my son's lack of getting a scholarship to a wonderful Christian teachers college with " it is God's way". Easy for her I thought she is a student there already.

    Well now after that and so many issues, many of them grievous, I now understand. We all have our cross to bear and I now know that what we bear reflects directly on what the Lord knows we can bear. And please be aware that what He thinks we can handle and what we think we can handle are very often two different things.

    But we become better people, better Christians for it in the end. Sort of like holding our children up to higher standards, God knows that we will rise to the occasion!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails