Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#141~ 11/1/11


For Today . . .

Outside my window . . .
bright, beautiful fall day. Still have a few golden-yellow-tinged-in-red leaves on 1 of our trees. Gorgeous.

I am thinking . . .
about how much I love fall. Our area is to the point where we're down to mostly golds, a little red in the Maples & the deep rusts & burgandies of Oaks. So beautiful.

I am thankful for . . .
answered prayer.

From the kitchen . . .
Tuesday bread baking day. Chomping at the bit to get started painting my cabinets ~ I have my new hardware picked out, too.

I am wearing . . .
jeans, purple pull-over shirt, purple/pink/blue/green scarf that a sweet co-worker brought me back from vacation, my mom's purple bracelet.

I am creating . . . a peaceful, CHRIST-centered home. Thinking about what to make for homemade CHRISTmas gifts . . . hmmmm . . .

I am going . . .
to do a writing project, check a few blogs, putter around the house, bake, go to work later . . .

I am wondering . . .
as wander. '-)

I am reading . . . The Story & The Heart of the Story for church & Sunday School. This has been SO good. I highly recommend this ~ it takes your entire church through the Bible in 31 weeks.

I am hoping . . .
that work goes quickly tonight. As grateful as I am for my job, today's 1 of those days that I would like to stay home.

I am looking forward to . . .
our new bathtub being put in tomorrow.

I am hearing . . . radio, typing fingers, leaves skittering by the window.

Around the house . . .
general pick up, preparing the downstairs bathroom for the workmen who will take it over tomorrow.

One of my favorite things . . .
remembering sweet memories.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . .
family time, work, home repairs, worship w/the saints.

Pondering these words . . . "God's wrath is getting what we deserve, God's grace is getting what we do not deserve." ~from Sunday's sermon.

Scripture thought . . .
"But you have forsaken Me & served other gods, so I will no longer save you. Go & cry out to the gods you have chosen. Let them save you when you are in trouble!" ~Judges 10:16 Are we living in a time of history repeating itself?

Here's a picture thought I am sharing with you . . .

Some oregano & rosemary I brought in for the winter from my herb garden.

Read 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

4 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this post! There's so much heart here - I feel like I'm sitting across the kitchen table with you and soaking up every detail. Thank you so much for centering me this morning. You sound so much like me - I'd rather be home than anywhere else caring for those I love and keeping house :)
    Our church is going to start the same study (The Story) in January! Can't wait :)
    Thank you SO much for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your words from the Sunday Sermon! So true!
    I keep trying to hold on to fall around here. seems like it won't be long and snow will be flying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your herb photo I love using fresh herbs when I cook too! Thanks for sharing your darling blog and November thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes wish we had the changing of seasons here in South Florida, but then I remember how much I love the weather here and hate the cold!

    I really enjoyed your daybook. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails