Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, November 28, 2011

Marmee-isms ~#15~ False Friends


"I was very unwise to let you go among people of whom I know so little, --kind, I dare say, but worldly, ill-bred, & full of these vulgar ideas about young people. I am more sorry than I can express for the mischief this visit may have done you, Meg . . ."

". . . But it is nice to be praised & admired, & I can't help saying I like it," said Meg, looking half ashamed of the confession.

"This is perfectly natural, & quite harmless, if the liking does not become a passion, & lead one to do foolish or unmaidenly things. Learn to know & value the praise which is worth having, & to excite the admiration of excellent people by being modest as well as pretty."

Little Women ~ Ch. IX

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails