Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Outdoor Herbs Wintering on My Window Sill


The other day, before our 1st big frost, I re-potted my oregano & rosemary & brought them in for the winter. They are now in their winter home upon my window sill. I will replant them in my herb garden in the summer.

That same day, I made some cuttings of sage, dill & rosemary & hung them up to dry. They will soon be crumbled & put into re-purposed glass seasoning jars. There's nothing like fresh ~ or from your own pot or garden ~ herbs in your food (sage for stuffing) or for your soaps & skin care.

Here's a little bit of information that you may or may not have known about oregano & rosemary . . .

~Oregano~


Even though most of us enjoy oregano in our Italian & Greek recipes, it's also known to be soothing & calming. It makes a wonderful tea for insomnia or nervousness & even to reduce muscle spasms.

~Rosemary~

Not just for chicken anymore! Rosemary actually stimulates your brain; whether simply breathing in it's wonderful aroma ~ I like to run my fingers over a strand of rosemary & smell that delicious fragrance ~ or using it in cooking, a tea or making your own capsule from some dried & crunched rosemary. Taking rosemary internally helps w/your liver & digestion. It helps w/all sorts of brain activity: nervousness, intake of oxygen, memory.

The more I learn about herbs, the more I want to know.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails