Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#33~ Budding, Blossoming & Producing


PASSAGE: "The LORD said to Moses, 'Speak to the Israelites and get 12 staffs from them, 1 from each leader of each of their ancestral tribes. Write the name of each man on his staff . . . The staff belonging to the man I choose will sprout' . . . The next day Moses entered the Tent of the Testimony & saw that Aaron's staff . . . had not only sprouted but had budded, blossomed & produced almonds." ~Numbers 17:1,2,5,8

LESSON LEARNED: "Bloom where you're planted." "Bear fruit for the Lord." We've all heard those phrases, if not had them said directly to us. And we all try to do just that ~ we try to find out where we fit, where we will benefit the Body of Christ right where we are.

But some of us wander around in the desert wondering just what it is that we are to do.


Here's something to think about to help you find your way out of the desert & into a ministry ~ ask yourself: What are my
gifts & talents? What am I good at, where is my heart telling me to go or to do? If necessary, make a list of things you are good at. Is it organizing? Praying? Teaching? Musical talent? And remember that MANY of the most beneficial gifts & talents are not the "out front" kind. Are you gifted at painting walls or exteriors? Gardening? Office organization? Are you able to give money to a project, a missionary or secretly to a family in need? Are you good at plumbing? You know, a functional restroom is a VERY necessary thing to a church congregation or to a family who's bread-winner is laid off & can't afford to call a plumber! Even lovely "little" things like decorating the alter table or making sure candles are lit before the church service benefits everyone &, I think, pleases the LORD.

And the more you exercise your gifts & talents, the bigger the blessing of the Lord will be . . . both for the beneficiary AND the giver.

By exercising your gifts & talents,
not only will you sprout, but you will bud, blossom & produce.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this post...
    I am going to be making a list and thinking of ways I can bloom and bear more fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim, I am inspired. Even though I've been out of the desert, sometimes I end up right back there again for a time. God always finds me and brings me back.... Faith is a wonderful thing :)

    I will contemplate and pray about your post and apply myself "again" for God's purpose.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails