Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Holy Basil a.k.a. Tulsi


I love herbs. I enjoy & benefit from homemade, natural health care. I try to learn something useful about my own health care everyday &, as I am in my post-child-baring years (WOW! How did that happen?!), I am determined to get through it w/o medical intervention as much as possible.

Something that nearly anyone ~ woman or man ~ young or old ~ can benefit from is Holy Basil, also know as Tulsi. I'm sure many of you have heard of Tulsi teas, did you know that it was actually Holy Basil? I didn't, until I started studying herbs.

You can take Holy Basil in a capsule w/the crushed &/or freeze-dried herb inside or by making a tea.


Here are some of the great benefits of Holy Basil:

~reduces stress, depression & anxiety
~good for relaxation
~has been used in the treatment of cancer
~has been known to increase strength & endurance
~helps oxygen to be used more effectively by the body
~aids digestion
~helps the immune system
~helps w/blood circulation in the brain

~helps w/memory retention, focus & clarity of thought
~helps w/ADD & ADHD
~reduces pain
~helps wounds to heal faster
~may lower cholesterol
~lessens headaches
~widely known for balancing hormones
~treats inflammation

~treats colds, sore throats & coughs
~reduces fevers
~can be used by those suffering w/allergies & asthma
~helps arthritis pain
~relieves gas & stomach cramps
~is a powerful antioxidant
~is good for eye health
~use the tea as a gargle for dental health & to reduce bad breath
~use the tea on a clean cloth for insect bites & stings

So much from such a little plant. The Lord is so good to us.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So many benefits from this plant! I've never come across it so thanks for educating me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info--it sounds like a very beneficial little plant!
    Blessings,
    Wendy
    www.wendygunn.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails