Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#131~ 8/9/11


For Today . . .

Outside my window . . .
the sun is trying to shine after a night of loud, booming thunderstorm.

I am thinking . . .
for the encouragement & creativity of bloggy friends.

I am thankful . . .
for dreams. ~~“The longings of your heart are not incidental, they are critical messages. The desires of your heart are not to be ignored, they are to be consulted. As the wind turns the weather vane, so God uses your passions to turn your life. God is too gracious to ask you to do something you hate.” ~Max Lucado/Just like Jesus

In the kitchen . . . bread baking day, making another batch of laundry detergent.

I am wearing . . .
jeans, pink shirt.

I am creating . . .
a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am going . . .
to take DD#2 to work & I will be going to work, later. One of those days when Hubby gets home as I am leaving. :-/

I am wondering . . . why 3 steps forward so often becomes 2 steps back?

I am reading . . .
Bible: Esther; Mother Earth News articles about canning & dehydrating.

I am hoping . . .
to be able to help DD#1 pay for as much of her wedding as we can. (We're still recovering from DH's lay-off & former low-paying job.)

I am looking forward to . . . wedding dress shopping w/DD#1. :-)

I am hearing . . .
radio, typing fingers, DD#2 moving around as she gets ready for work, Maggie barking at birds outside the window.

Around the house . . .
general pick up, would like to pull some weeds from my front herb garden (I'm so ashamed at what I've let it become lately . . . having to go back to work has not been good for my little garden), more homeschool assessments today.

One of the favorite things . . . the deep belly-laugh of a baby.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . .
family time, work, homeschool assessments, worship practice, Sunday worship w/the saints, homemade ice cream on Sunday!

Pondering these words . . .
{From Sunday's sermon} Do people see REAL CHANGE in me ~ from my B.C. life to now? Do people see a real difference ~ between me & the world ~ that will attract them to Jesus Christ?

Scripture thought . . . "Then Peter said [to the cripple], 'Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. Int he name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk' . . . He JUMPED to his feet & began to walk. Then he went w/them into the temple courts, WALKING & JUMPING & PRAISING GOD." ~Acts 3:6,8. "He JUMPED . . . Walking & jumping & praising God" ~ I LOVE that!!!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . . .

One of my favorite pictures of Jesus.

Enjoy 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

1 comment:

  1. I am contemplating working four 9 hour days instead of five 7 hours days...there are pros and cons to each schedule...I love Max! He is my favorite author. Pondering these words is very similar to what we heard in our Sunday Sermon! GOd is at work to encourage us to live life for Him so others will long to have what we have...JOY! PEACE! VICTORY!!! Thanks for sharing Kim! As always, I enjoyed my visit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails