Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#13~ 11/17/10


PASSAGE: Judges 6:37-40 ~~ [37]"...look, I [Gideon] will place a wool fleece on the threshing floor. If there is dew only on the fleece & all the ground is dry, then I will know that You will save Israel by my hand, as You said,' [38]And that is what happened. Gideon rose early the next day; he squeezed the fleece & wrung out the dew - a bowlful of water.

[39]"Then Gideon said to God, 'Do not be angry w/me. Let me make just one more request. Allow me one more test w/the fleece. This time make the fleece dry & the ground covered w/dew.' [40]That night God did so. Only the fleece was dry; all the ground was covered w/dew." [Emphasis mine ~ KW<><]

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll help you. Look for a sign." ~ Gerry, in a letter to Holly, in P.S. I Love You.

~~~~~~~~~~~

LESSON LEARNED: Have you ever asked God for 'a sign'? C'mon now...we all have, haven't we?

The funny thing about signs is that they can be in front of you (in your near future) or even behind you (in your past). Of course, hind-sight IS 20/20. But if you will look back on those 'signs,' you will remember that they had to be accompanied by obedience to God & His Word. Even the most gentle 'nudge' will agree w/Scripture, IF it is from God.

Real life: Gideon was afraid b/c the Lord told him that he COULD defeat the Midianites SIMPLY BECAUSE God had sent him. Simply because. Then Gideon, realizing the mere creature of mortality that he was, needed the reassurance of knowing that he really was hearing God before taking his men into battle. He asked for a sign.

Fiction: Gerry, knowing he was dying of a brain tumor, wrote letters to his wife, Holly, to be read at certain times after his death. He knew that she would flounder w/o him & he often prompted her to "Look for a sign" from him. In the movie, his timely & encouraging letters not only got her out & about, helped her make amends w/his Irish parents, helped her find a new boyfriend (Gerry's BFF of all people!), but caused her to discover her new career.

Real life:
Often in the past, I have experienced God almost literally taking me by the hand a leading me into new phases of life ~ the most important of which was coming to know Jesus as my Savior. (I'll have to tell you about how God led us to our house, sometime! It involves a bunny & a red-tailed hawk! It's an amazing story.)

Right now, I feel like I'm being led in different directions, that I'm standing at a crossroad, & need to set out my fleece...& pray (some more)...because what I have laid before Him ONLY He can work out.

So...I'm looking for a sign b/c I know He'll help me. Simply because He loves me. And I know that either way ~ whether the answer is 'yes' or 'no'...'go' or 'stay' ~ that when I read His Word, I have a letter from God & on every page He will say...



Enjoy other Word Filled Wednesdays at http://acountrymom.blogspot.com/ Please feel free to grab the WFW button for your blog while you're there!!

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails