Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#96~ 11/2/10


For today...


Outside my window...lovely, bright blue skies. The colorful leaves that still remain are shimmering on the trees, the rest are blowing in the breeze.


I am thinking...about the wonderful time I had this past weekend at our church's women's retreat. I was honored to be among those who led worship & blessed by new friendships.


I am thankf
ul for...living in a nation where I don't have to risk my life to vote.


From the kitchen...
a light lunch just for me.


I am wearing...
jeans, rust-colored Old Navy thermal shirt. Comfy...cozy.


I am remembering...
the fun weekend.


I am going...
to tidy-up the house & go to work later this afternoon. DD#2 & I already voted, so I don't have to worry about standing in the long lines later today.


I am reading...
Bible: just finished I Peter & will begin II Peter tonight; "Of Plymouth Plantation."


I am hoping...
that my employer might be interested in paying for an on-line herbologist course I'd like to take.


On my mind...
can't believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner!


I am hoping...
that certain extended family members 'behave.'


I am creating...
a peaceful, Christ-centered home.


I am hearing...
leaves blowing by the window ~ such a lovely, homey sound, radio, typing fingers.


Noticing that...
my tomato plants are finally starting to wilt.


Around the house...
a little picking up, a little laundry...the usual, household 'stuff' that tells me I am blessed to HAVE a home that I can clean.


One of my favorite things...
windy fall days; they are the best days to ride horses. Now...if I only had one!


Plans
for this week...family time, work, membership interview w/the elders of our church...looking forward to that 1 extra hour of sleep b/c of Daylight Savings Time!!! lol


Pondering these words...
{from one of the sessions at last weekend's women's retreat}..."A cathedral builder was spending so much time carving an intricate bird into a beam that would end up being covered up. Some asked him WHY he was doing that when no one would see it. He said, 'Because GOD sees!'" When you think that nothing you do matters, remember that GOD sees!


Scripture thought...
Rev. 2:17(b) ~ "...I [God] will give him a white stone w/a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it." When I think of how much thought we put into choosing our DDs names, & then I think that GOD loves me so much that He has His own special name for me...WOW! I can't wait to find out what it is, to hear it said in His own voice, to clasp my hands together & hold them against my heart w/the sheer joy of His loving, Fatherly attention!! PTL!!


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...




Enjoy other Daybooks at:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails