Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#99~ 11/23/10



For Today...

Outside my window...
lovely bright sunshine after a night of howling wind, rain & 2:00a.m. tornado sirens!

I am thinking...
of ways to simplify our lives.

I am thankful for...
our country & all who sacrificed ~ in word, deed, finance & their own lives ~ from 1620 forward, to establish it, build it & keep it great. Thank You, Lord, for blessing us so abundantly. Even the poor in America have far more than most of the non-Judeo-Christian world. Help us to keep it. Amen!

From the kitchen...
fresh bread baking & I'm about to make a new batch of laundry detergent & refill all of the foamy liquid soap dispensers; I make the bathroom soaps w/lavender & tea tree & the kitchen soap w/rosemary & tea tree.

I am wearing...
jeans, purple shirt & purple socks.

I am remembering...
happy holidays from my childhood.

I am going...
to take DD#2 to work, run some errands, do some blogging, write my weekly devotion for our church's newsletter, pick up around the house...& THEN...go to work! '-)

I am reading...
Bible: Psalms & I Peter; my favorite blogs, Country Sampler magazine.

I am hoping...
that hard-to-get-along-with extended family members 'behave themselves' during the holidays. Saw a sign in one of my Country Sampler magazines, a while back, that I'm tempted to buy ~ it says "Be Nice Or Leave." Exactly!

I am creati
ng...a peaceful, Christ-filled home. Selecting recipes for soaps & spice mixes for CHRISTmas baskets/gifts.

I am hearing...
the radio, typing fingers, the jangling of my bracelet.

I am noticing that...
the Lord has brought me to a cross-road & I need His wisdom to choose the right path...actually...I need a push, a shove, bells, whistles, bright lights, arrows, etc. to make the right decision! :-P

Around the house...
prepping for Thanksgiving, looking forward to putting up the CHRISTmas decorations after Thanksgiving. We are going to take Glenn Beck's advice & simplify. We will be slowly weeding through our 'stuff' in the next few days & then getting more serious about it after the holidays.

One of my favorite things...
that my sweet hubby wakes me up to kiss me good-bye as he leaves for work at 5:00a.m. I love those lips!!!

Plans for this week...
much the same as "around the house" ~ this will be our 1st Thanksgiving w/DD#1's boyfriend...could be the 1st of many! '-) I need to practice CHRISTmas music on my hammered dulcimer a little more diligently b/c I'm playing at a neighboring town's CHRISTmas home & business open house night on Dec. 4th. I believe I'll be playing in an historic hotel.

Pondering these words...
"I am a tangible expression of Jesus Christ in the world" ~ from Sunday's sermon.

Scripture thought...
Isaiah 6:8 ~ "Then I [Isaiah] heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'" We are all called to serve. Our calling begins w/an attitude...an attitude of humility & availability. (Also from Sunday's sermon.)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

I LOVE this idea for a pantry door!!!

Enjoy other Daybooks at Peggy's The Simple Woman's Blog!

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

1 comment:

  1. I love that red pantry door too!

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails