Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Friday, November 19, 2010

C. S. Lewis on Who Jesus Is...


"I'm trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: 'I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept His claim to be God.' That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man & said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic ~ on a level with the man who says he is a poached egg ~ or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, & is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him & kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet & call Him Lord & God. But let us not come with any patronising nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to."

~~C. S. Lewis; Mere Christianity.
[emphasis mine ~KW<><]

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

3 comments:

  1. Great post, Kim! Your from Ohio? Me too!

    Rejoicing In Him, Patrizia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog picture. I love country pictures. Thanks for sharing a thought from C.S. Lewis; he is a favorite of mine. If you get a moment check out the story I have on my blog of Jonah and the Whale; you will love it.
    Blessings to you! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning~
    Such a wise man!

    Thank you for your sweet email. I am having the best time. Mornings are long because of the time change it seems he sleeps all morning to me~LOL. I am getting ready to put some supper in the crock while my daughter and her family sleep a couple more hours.

    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails