Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#11~ 10/20/10


PASSAGE: Psalm 47 ~

Clap your hands, all you nations;
shout to God with cries of joy.
How awesome is the LORD Most High,
the great King over all the earth!
He subdued nations under us,
peoples under our feet.
He chose our inheritance for us,
the pride of Jacob, whom he loved.
Selah

God has ascended amid shouts of joy,
the LORD amid the sounding of
trumpets.
Sing praises to God, sing praises;
sing praises to our King, sing praises.

For God is the King of all the earth;
sing to Him a psalm of praise.
God reigns over the nations;
God is seated on His holy throne.
The nobles of the nations assemble
as the people of the God of
Abraham,
for the kings of the earth belong to
God;
He is greatly exalted.

LESSON LEARNED:

I am a worshipper.

One of the biggest blessings of my life is that one of the ministries the Lord has allowed me to be involved in is leading His people to His throne through praise & worship. What an honor, what a joy. And, having led worship in 4 different churches in the 28 yrs that I've been a Christian, I've seen a lot of different reactions to worship. I've seen people stand staunchly still, I've seen people raise their hands in a holy hug of longing & love & worship; I've seen people clap their hands & I've seen people shout for joy. I've heard people sing w/the voices of angels & I've been blessed & humbled beyond measure at the heart-felt worship of people singing w/love & joy who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!

We worship the One Who is able...Who is worthy...Who is the great King over all the earth! I've also played instruments in worship & been involved in some great praise & worship teams w/every type of instrumentalist...from the classically trained to the ones who simply love to play their instruments for the Lord (like me!). And when we come together we sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises!

I hope you enjoy the gift of worship. And I hope that you remember that not only do we sing our love to the Lord, but HE loves you so much that HE sings HIS love to us...

"The LORD your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with
singing."
~~Zephaniah 3:17

Enjoy other Word Filled Wednesdays at http://acountrymom.blogspot.com/ Please feel free to grab the WFW button for your blog while you're there!!

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post!!!

    By the way, is that your kitchen in the header? I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Trixi ~ Nope, not my kitchen. :-/ Just a glimpse at my 'dream' kitchen. :-)

    Glad you liked the post. Let us know if you start doing the Word-Filled Wednesday's, too!

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails