Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#80~ 6/1/10


For Today...

Outside my window...clouds trying to take over the sunshine.

I am thinking...of my sweet Daddy. I can't believe that he will be gone 11 years on the 3rd. I miss him everyday.

I am thankful for...the wonderful weekend we had. Full of friends who have known us & loved us for years. Sunday: Great church service & worship w/wonderful friends that we've had for years. Monday: Dear friends, family, BBQ, picnic-style food, DVDs, laughs galore!

From the kitchen...left-overs from all the BBQ & picnic food! :-)

I am wearing...bibb-overall shorts, tan shirt & a shawl over my shoulders. DH loves a cool (COLD!) house.

I am remembering…My sweet Daddy. Can't help it, it comes w/this time of year.

I am going…to go to work later this afternoon.

I am reading...Bible: daily Proverb & while reading the Minor Prophets I'm now in Amos.

I am hoping...that we will be making a wise family decision...

On my mind…the family decision we must make. In some ways it's hard (b/c it involves a 'leaving process') & in others it's a no-brainer.

I am creating...a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am hearing...the radio, road work outside the house.

Noticing that…God is good to us ALL the time. He never changes even though our circumstances do.

Pondering these words…"We live in the ocean of God's generosity & IT IS worth celebrating!" ~~From Sunday's sermon.

Around the house...the laundry is calling to me! General clean up, re-arranging my antique/reproduction tin collection.

One of my favorite things...old hardwood floors.

A Scripture thought...Joel 2:25(a) ~ "I [God] will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten..."

A few plans for the rest of the week...family time & work.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

In honor of Memorial Day...military photos of my Gr-pa (left/Army/WWI) & my Daddy (right/Navy/WWII) along w/my Gr-pa's flag w/my Daddy's dogtags draped over it.

Enjoy other Daybooks at:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kim,
    Thanks for stopping by and visiting me. Yes, "The Old Paths" definitely ministered to me and I am hoping it will minister to others as well.Your site is such a blessing to me. I am always excited to find other Godly women in blogland.The Lord has been so good to me and He is so worthy of our Praise.
    I will be back to visit you and am looking forward to going to your older post! Have a blessed day!
    Juanita
    By the way I hope you did not mind me putting " The Old Paths" on my site. If it has offended you I will be glad to take it down.The last thing I want to do is offend any one. Love, your sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way I almost forgot... I tried putting your button on my sidebar but it is not taking. Do you know why?
    Thanks again!
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your daybook, really enjoyed reading it. Sounds like you have some decisions to make, I'll be praying about that with you. That's a beautiful picture legacy right there. What a priviledge! Have a great week!
    Blessings
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails