Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Crock Pot Beef Pot Roast

Here's one of the easiest, YUMMIEST meals you'll ever fix! My family loves this. And now that I've had to go back to work part-time, which includes a lot of evenings, it's great to have something tasty cooking for my family that will be set to serve after I'm gone & they all start filing in from their work-places ready for their supper.

Here's all you need...

~2-3 potatoes, peeled & cut into cubes or chunks. (Red or white potatoes work equally well)
~2-3 carrots, peeled & sliced
~1/2-1 whole sweet Vidalia onion
~1-1/2 ts. sea salt
~1/4 ts. pepper
~3-4 lb. pot roast (or rump roast)
~1/2 c. water

1) Put vegetables & water in bottom of crock pot. Salt & pepper meat, place on top of veggies.

2) Cover & cook on LOW 10-12 hours OR on HIGH for 5-6 hours. (I usually cook on high)

3) Great w/noodles & homemade bread or rolls!

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

3 comments:

  1. Getting up @ 2am to put this in the slow cooker for the boys. Did you know green tomatoes makes a tasty addition? Thanks for the recipe (I never get it right!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe! Pot Roast and a hearty side dish is my favorite type of meal. When making pot roasts for dinner, I would recommend trying grass fed Black Angus beef. It is absolutely delicious and a healthier option. I work with La Cense Beef and because our beef is 100% grass fed it is higher in omega 3 acids and lower in calorie and fat as opposed to traditional grain fed beef. Try grass fed Black Angus Beef and you will be able to taste an even bigger difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy Kim, I do the same thing all the time....I love my slow cooker, I would be lost with out it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails