Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#77~ 5/11/10


For Today...

Outside my window...grey, rainy & gloomy; chilly & breezy.

I am thinking...this is certainly one of those springs when it is best to plant after Mother's Day. It's an old Ohio axiom...Ohio weather is so unpredictable in the spring that USUALLY you can be assured that the frosts will be over by Mother's Day...USUALLY. There was a frost warning out last night & NOW it's raining. I'm hoping I'll get my little kitchen garden in by the end of the week!

I am thankful for...living in a area of the country that experiences all 4 seasons. There's something lovely & special about each one.

From the kitchen...clean up from last night. I was lazy...I worked late & DD#2 fixed supper for all of us after she got off at 5p.m. Bless her. Since I was eating my supper at nearly 10p.m., I didn't have the strength to clean up or to ask her to do it. Soooo....

I am wearing...sweat pants, long-sleeved t-shirt & zippered hoodie.

I am remembering…what a great Mother's Day I had. We all took my mom out to eat & between my girls I got the sweetest card - ever - & a collection of Tom Selleck western DVDs & Patsy Cline's greatest hit of CD!

I am going…to do some major housework, work through some of the training workbook I have to do for work & go to work tonight. Making bread tomorrow.

I am reading...Bible: Hosea.

I am hoping...that my friends will still be able to go w/me to the farm stores on Friday.

On my mind…still praying & hoping for my own bulk food store, someday.

I am creating...a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am hearing...Nancy Pelosi on the radio, she's speaking at a CHURCH, telling them about how church-goers need to work together w/the gov't. Wow...I think I just threw up in my mouth! Warning: If your church starts preaching "social justice"...RUN!!!!!!!!! Equal justice is a far different thing...equal justice is what George Whitfield preached that brought America into the Great Awakening!!

Noticing that…my little dog, Maggie, is in desperate need of a trim.

Pondering these words…Prov. 10:17 ~ "He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray."

Around the house...never ending laundry, general straightening up, baking bread...

One of my favorite things...family time! W/my schedule this month, I will only get to see my sweet DH on Wednesdays & Sunday. :-(

A Scripture thought...II Tim. 1:12 ~ "Yet I am not ashamed, because I know Whom I have believed." 'Nuff said!

A few plans for the rest of the week...working & trying to make family time & trying not to let my house fall apart. I do SO miss being at home!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

This is our sweet little Magpie Maggie Mae!

Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><

1 comment:

  1. I love family time too. I really enjoy your blog. I am usually reading on bloglines so I do not always comment, but I get lots of ideas from you. I liked your recent post on flaxseed (which I have saved in my feeds and will add to one of my links I like posts). Also, I have tried to add your button to my blog several times and it has not worked so far, any tips?

    Amy @ http://missionalmamassoul.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails