Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#76~ 5/4/10


For Today...

Outside my window...Lovely sunshine! After the terrible storm we had last night...the sky is washed clean & new.

I am thinking...off all I have to do & that w/my schedule this month, I will only get to see my husband TWO DAYS a week! Not good.

I am thankful for...how the Lord, consistantly supplies our needs. He is SO faithful & I am so undeserving.

From the kitchen...DD#2 will be fixing supper tonight after she gets off work. Bless her, Lord!

I am wearing...jeans, beige & sage shirt, zip-up hoodie.

I am remembering…all the have to do! YIKES! So little time these days.

I am going…to work later this afternoon.

I am reading...Bible: Ezekiel.

I am hoping...that work goes well & that I am a blessing to all I come in contact with.

On my mind…my head is trying to absorb all the info I need to learn for my new job & feel like my brain is turning to mush! lol

I am creating...a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am hearing...the radio, typing fingers, birds out of the windows.

Noticing that…I think my DH gets better w/age. '-)

Pondering these words…"Children [& most people] learn more from what is caught than taught." Whether life is good or bad, God IS w/me through it all; these are opportunities to glorify God so that others may see! (from Sunday's sermon)

Around the house...made the laundry detergent I meant to make yesterday, made more foaming hand soap...did some of the never-ending laundry.

One of my favorite things...that my grown daughters love & trust me enough to bare their hearts to me.

A Scripture thought...Proverbs 30:7-9 ~ "Two things I ask of You, O LORD, do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood & lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much & disown You & say, "Who is the LORD?" Or I may become poor & steal, & so dishonor the Name of my God."

A few plans for the rest of the week...Work, squeezing in as much family time as possible, praying for a dear friend under-going surgery later in the week, Mother's Day!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

My mom is the 'baby' of 14 children, there are 32 yrs between her & her oldest sister/sibling. Her 2nd-oldest sister never left the beautiful hills of KY. She didn't have elctricity until around 1980 & didn't have indoor plumbing unitl the mid-80's. She also cooked on a huge coal/wood-burning stove just like this one (this is NOT her in the photo). Her biscuits were legendary & were meals in themselves! I LOVED every visit on their farm.

Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><

2 comments:

  1. You sound busy, busy. Hope you and dh get some quality time, even though it doesn't seem there will be much of it.

    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your daybook. I love the sky after a rainstorm...it's so beautiful. My daughter and her husband will be fixing dinner tonight...I always enjoy Tuesdays when I don't have to cook! ;o) Hope your new job goes well. My husband is the 11th of 12 children...he's the baby boy.

    I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails