Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Friday, April 9, 2010

Kim's Pasta Sauce

This came out of necessity. One snowy night I already had the pasta in the boiling water and found I had no sauce! EEEKKK!!! After scrounging through my cupboards I threw this mix together & my family - even my pickiest dd - LOVED it! It has been modified a time or two, so play with it yourself & see how your own family likes it.

Full disclosure: this is not my pasta sauce but it looks just like it. Yummy, huh?
2 cans Red Gold crushed tomatoes OR one 29oz. can of tomato sauce (depending upon whether you like your sauce chunky or smooth)
1 6 oz. can Red Gold tomato paste
Several fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 small can of black olives, sliced
2 TB. onion flakes
Several liberal shakes of garlic powder
Several liberal shakes of my Favorite Homemade Herb Mix

~ Serve over pasta or as a dip for Italian bread.

Blessings from Ohio, Kim<><

4 comments:

  1. This sounds really good...
    Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Wishing you oodles & oodles of joy this weekend *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really yummy! I will give that one a try! Thanks for sharing, Kim. Hope things are going well with your job. How is your mom doing? Been praying for her...and for strength for you as problems arise. Love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds real good, I think I would replace the tomato paste with tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, the rest sounds great, thanks for sharing dear, Have a great weekend, Hugs Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kim, this sounds very good! I will have to try it very soon.

    Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails