Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sausage & Tortellini Soup


{Not my photo, but I will replace it w/my own soon!}

1 lb. Italian OR sage sausage (depending upon how spicy your want it)

1 c. chopped onion

2 log. garlic cloves, sliced

5 c. canned beef broth

2 c. chopped tomates

1 8oz. can tomato sauce

1 lg. zucchini, sliced or diced

1 lg. carrot, thinkly sliced

1/2 bag frozen spinach

1/2 c. dry red wine

2 TB. dried basil

2 TB. dried oregano

8-10 oz. fresh cheese tortellini

Salt

Pepper

Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

~Crumble & saute' sausage in heavy Dutch oven.

~Remove & saute' onion & garlic until translucent. Return sausage to pot.

~Add all other ingredients EXCEPT tortellinin & Parmesan cheese.

~Simmer until veggies are tender, about 40 minutes.

~Add tortellini 8 MINUTES BEFORE finished; season to taste w/salt & pepper.

~Serve in a bowl, sprinkle top of soup w/Parmesan cheese.
~ENJOY!!

Blessings from Ohio, Kim<><

4 comments:

  1. Well, I know all my family would love
    that. I do have one question though--
    what are chapped tomatoes? I've been
    chief cook and bottle washer 25 years
    but I never heard of chapped tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy ~ lol ~ that's supposed to be CHOPPED tomatoes! Thanks for the head's up, I changed it.

    Blessings, Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that recipe!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! That's another GottaTryIt recipe. I think it would be a winner here. I got a laugh out of the chapped tomatoes comment! :-) :-)
    Thanks for sharing Kim! Have a great day. HUGS
    (ps- doing the dreaded annual testing this week!!! argh)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails