Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Friday, July 29, 2016

Wormwood ~ Useful Bitter Herb

How many times have any of us come home from a great vacation, only to come home and be a little bloated and "draggie" from all the vacation foods we ate that are not normally in our diets? ESPECIALLY, if we went to a seaside area and enjoyed local seafood
Or do you eat a lot of sushi or under-cooked meat and have a bloat and maybe some gas that just won't go away?
Chances are that while enjoying the local seaside cuisine or under-cooked meat, you have unintentionally brought home a little "friend." 
For those of us who are normally land locked, eating sea food that is not from our geographical area or eating the raw fish in sushi or for those who do not properly cook through their meats, worms and parasites may have crept their way into your diet. 

Yes, sad but true. Eww.

But . . . there is a very easy way to rid yourself of those little "friends." A truly bitter herb called Wormwood.

The true bitterness of this herb is part of what helps to rid those varmints from our bodies. As with all bitter herbs, it stimulates the stomach, liver and gallbladder, making it an excellent parasitic and worm cleanse.

Even though Wormwood is best known as a parasitic cleanse, it also has other benefits . . . 

As mentioned, it stimulates the digestive juices in the digestive tract, stimulating bile to help with bloating, gas, reflux and other digestive issues. It is also known to ease stomach pain, help with anemia, ease a fever and is a mild antidepressant.
 From my own home apothacary

Wormwood may be used in several ways ~ blended with other bitter herbs in an infusion (a strongly brewed "tea" made from the leaves, made to sipped on throughout the day), a tincture (a liquid, medicinal herb or herb blend; very easy to make, just time consuming), a capsule or your own tea. When using as a tea or infusion DO NOT SWEETEN, the bitterness is part of the cure, and only take on a daily basis for 2-4 weeks at a time.

So, the next time you bring home a little uninvited "friend" from vacation or restaurant meal, remember that you can easily evict them with the bitter herb, Wormwood.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

**See obligatory disclaimer at bottom of blog**

**Please consider fully cooking your meat. As my husband has been known to say to rude waiters who turned their noses up at our request for "well done" meat: "I grew up on a cattle and hog farm, if you knew what they ate, you'd want yours well done, too."

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I stopped by here on Thanksgiving Day to see what you had posted. I see you haven't had a post in awhile -- about the same time I last checked in here. I hope all is OK with you and your family. I had a loss this past summer -- my daughter died at age 29. It's a reason I haven't caught up with looking at blogs. I've haven't been thinking very clearly. I know you lost a daughter and even though she was much younger than my daughter, they are both beloved daughters and our grief probably is similar. So, since my head has gotten a little clearer, I had a thought of you and I wanted to say hello and say I have enjoyed your blog and admire your faith and fortitude as you and your family go through life, loving God and each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I am just now getting back to you. I took a break because I had been working and my husband had been working from home on our PC. I am so very sorry to hear about your darling daughter. I'm sure it's been a very long year ~ the 1st year is the longest. I will say a special prayer for you and your family tonight. Blessings...

      Delete
  2. I hope you and yours had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and are having a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to just be getting back to you. I took a break. If it's not to late, or if you make up a new list yearly, I would be honored to be included. Thank you and blessings from Ohio.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails