Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#143~ Are You a Christian or Just a "Believer"?


I have remarkable daughters. And for today's Word-Filled Wednesday, I want to share with you a devotion that my DD#2 shared on her Facebook.

Get ready for some SERIOUS TRUTH.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WARNING: Brutally honest post headed your way.

James 2:17-22~
"In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder.
You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless ?
Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?
You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did."

 
 A lot of good people are going to go to hell . . . Do any of ya'll think about that at all? A lot of people who claim to believe in God are going to go to hell. When you accept Jesus Christ into your heart that means you pick up your cross and follow Him, it does not mean, "okay, I accepted Jesus into my life awesome! Now I am going to go out and get drunk, now I am going to go out and do drugs or finish off that bag of weed I have got at my house and then I will quit. I am still going to sleep around because I am lonely, I am still going to show favoritism, I am still going to distort my body and be like that fake girl on a magazine cover. But God wont mind because I am a good person right? He knows I sin?!" Yes He knows you sin and He knows you better than anyone and He sees your heart. When you come before God sitting in your seat at church or even when you go before God just at your house and your heart shows no repentance for your actions, you are putting yourself under God's wrath . . . Ya'll don't want to be there "It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of a living God." ~Hebrews 10:31. God is just and JUST He will be on the day that Jesus returns to get His people. Our example has always been and always should be Jesus Christ; you can ask me "well Jenna what about God's grace? I will sin everyday and I will always fall short." Yes, your right, you will sin daily; do you want to know the difference between sinning and repenting daily vs. sinning with no shame or conviction? Your heart. If you sin and ask Jesus to forgive you for it, He sees if you truly mean it. But when after you ask for forgiveness and immediately go back to your sinful ways [with no remorse], what does that say about your heart? Does that seem like a heart that is convicted to you? When you blatantly sin to please your sinful urges and desires while professing to be a Christian, you are putting yourself in danger. You cannot be like the world and serve Jesus Christ. You can't do it. We live in a world that over exaggerates grace and yet, completely ignores what rebuking and being an ambassador for Christ Jesus means. I want more brutally honest brothers in Christ, like James in my life. Don't you? Aren't you tired of "yes people" all the time? I am. James is asking in these verses, "what are you doing for the Kingdom of God?" He is pretty-much saying, "You all are sure talking the talk to get to heaven, but are you walking the walk?" Don't be a pew sitter, get up and serve your King! I would highly suggest you search your heart and think through your life style and think, "If Jesus were standing right here with me, would I be able to justify my actions?" Your heart says a lot about you; let Jesus wash it clean so that you can serve Him in the right way. James even says in 2:19 "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-- and shudder."
 

Do not be a lukewarm Christian because Jesus will spit you out of His mouth (Revelation 3:16). Even demons believe that He is God. Think about that for a minute: They know He is God. Never think for a second, never believe the lie that you can get into Heaven just because you are a good person. You have to serve your King. Study the word (your Bible), spread the gospel, serve others, be a light in all the darkness. And it is getting dark you guys, just turn on the news. Jesus is coming back soon, don't just be a "believer," be a follower of Jesus Christ. Repent of your sin, pick up your cross and follow Jesus.  

God Bless your day.

5 comments:

  1. how can I know for sure that I am saved. I have prayed the sinners prayer more times then I can count but I am so afraid that when I died I will go to hell.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Anonymous ~ If you have SINCERELY accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord, you are saved. Are you trying to LIVE for Jesus? In that, I mean, are you living the way the Bible teaches us to live, are you devoted to Jesus and His teachings? Do you attend a sincere, Bible-teaching, Biblically sound church? Are you serving somewhere in that church? Now . . . remember that works DO NOT SAVE us, but devotion and eagerness to serve Jesus prompts us to do good works. James 2:17 says, "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." Are the majority of the friends you associate with Christians? Live your life for the Lord, love Him, serve Him, keep your prayer life active and read His Word, the Bible. God bless your journey. I hope I may be an encouragement to you.

      Delete
    2. You have given ma a lot to pray about. Thank you so much!

      Connie

      Delete
  2. Quite a young woman you have there for a daughter, Kim! She speaks The Truth...and, yes, Jenna, I want more friends like James!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails