Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#141~ Be the One


"Now on His way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. As He was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met Him. They stood at a distance and called out in a loud voice, 'Jesus, Master, have pity on us!'


"When He saw them, he said, 'Go, show yourselves to the priests.' And as they went they were cleansed.

"One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked Him ~ and he was a Samaritan. 

"Jesus asked, 'Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?' Then He said to him, 'Rise and go; your faith has made you well.'" ~Luke 17:11-19


"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it si to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living  in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him Who gives me strength." ~Philippians 4:12-13

I treated DD#2 and I to a take out lunch from our favorite little cafe' in the historic area of our little town. When I went to pick it up, I was having a nice conversation with the owner and she said, "You are always smiling." 

To which I said, "I try live a grateful life. The Lord has been good to me and things could be much worse. Someone is always suffering somewhere. We have to enjoy something everyday." And after some quick thought, she agreed.
At times, I think about this leper. The grandest part of this true story is not just that he was healed, but he was healed by Jesus ~ God in the flesh. How incredible to have looked into his eyes ~ eyes that have see eternity; to hear his voice ~ the voice that simply by speaking causes worlds to exist and sin to be forgiven; to be touched by the Lamb of God, the ONE and ONLY Son of God, the long-awaited Messiah

The thought brings tears to my eyes and makes me shake my head in wonder and amazement. 

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, Who does not change like shifting shadows." ~James 1:17

Every good thing that happens to us, every good thing that comes our way ~ ALL OF IT ~ is a gift from our loving God. Our salvation is a FREE GIFT from God (Eph. 2:8), paid for by the precious blood of His sinless Son, Jesus.

How can we NOT be grateful? How can we NOT be lights that shine in this dark, sinful world? 

Be the one. Be the one who shines. Be the one who brings a smile to someone's face. Be the one who encourages. Be the one who brings the good news (Romans 10:15). 

Be the one who goes back and says, "Thank You, Lord."
Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails