Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#84~ Doing What is Required

"Son of man, I have made you a watch man . . . so hear the word I speak and give them warning from Me. When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and YOU DO NOT speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold YOU accountable for his blood. But if YOU DO warn the wicked man to turn from his ways and he does not do so, he will die for his sin, but you will have saved yourself.'" ~Ezekiel 33:7-9 [emphasis mine, KW<><]


Within the last several days, I have been involved in two very lengthy Facebook "conversations" in which I was defending God's Word and Christianity against various lies of our culture. Specifically, issues that have been in the news that may effect believers in the long run. Now, I know that God doesn't need me to defend Him and His Word, but ~ praise the Lord ~ He uses me and allows me to do my best toward that end.

Both of the other people threw Scripture at me that I'm assuming they had been told would prove their points. In one of the conversations I actually took the time to address every verse they listed, and pointed out that they either had nothing what-so-ever to do with the point they wished to make or else, one had to have a very vivid imagination to make it work. I don't know how active you are in witnessing or defending God's Word when it is lied about but, just as with these people, often once they see that their argument is lost they turn to personal insults. Even if they hardly know you. 


This reaction is no surprise to God. Jesus was insulted and told us that we would be, too (Luke 6:22). Jesus was killed for it. Why should we think that we will not face rejection, indifference or hostility as we speak His truth to our fallen world? 

And yet, especially for those who will listen, we are required to speak up. We, as Christians, are required of God to speak the TRUTH of His Word or we are sinning ~ the hearer will then take it (to their blessing) or leave it (to their eternal loss). The poor lost souls who reject what we tell them are not rejecting us (although it can feel that way), but they are rejecting God and His Word. What if part of their eternal punishment in hell would be a sort of never-ending video that constantly replays all the opportunities they had to accept Jesus as their Savior and didn't. Lord have mercy.


We are required to do our part and plant the seeds, God will work on the harvest.


Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><   

2 comments:

  1. Kim, how awesome! You always inspire me! Times, they are a changing and we must stand our ground and speak the truth, firmly, boldly and with grace :) HUGS! You are an amazing example of what it is to be a Godly woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No different that you, Nannie Dearest. Humbled & blessed.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails