Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Oh, What the LORD Has Done

"I waited patiently for the LORD;
He turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD . . . 
Yet I am poor and needy;
may the LORD think of me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
O my God, do not delay."
~Psalm 40:1-3, 17

How has your relationship with the Lord changed your live? What is your testimony? Do people still share their testimonies anymore? 

I have opportunity to say from time-to-time: "I have lived two utterly and completely different lives." And anyone who has known me more than 30 years can testify to that about me, too. I have been a black-hearted, retched, sinful person who followed the enemy of my soul as if he were my friend. 

BUT . . . God, in His love and mercy for my sorry self, has much better plans for me ~ and you. Hallelujah

The words of today's Scripture ring eternally true to my heart ~ He DID hear my cry, He DID lift me from the slimy pit of sin, He DID set me upon the firm foundation of His Word, He DID put new songs in my mouth! Oh, I am unworthy and blessed. I am forgiven and I am a new creation.

How about you? Give this a thought today: What is my salvation story and what Scripture speaks of my testimony? 

Can't wait to hear.

Blessings from Ohio . . .  Kim<><         

2 comments:

  1. I loved your scriptural thoughts. I do have a testimony of my Savior. I know that He lives and loves us all. I am grateful for his love and blessings.
    In our church we have a fast and testimony Sacrament meeting once a month. Anyone who would like to share his or her testimony can do so in that meeting. It is always a sweet meeting filled with the spirit.
    Blessings and hugs for this one. I enjoyed your testimonies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must never forget how far we have come in our walk with the Lord. Testimonies are sweet proof of our living Savior, the love of our Heavenly Father & the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives. When hearing various testimonies it is amazing how the Lord rescues us & guides us along our completely different paths so that we can share the same future ~ eternity with Him.

      Blessings . . .

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails