Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#178~ 2/11/13

For Today . . . 

Outside my window . . . grey & cloudy, the sun is trying it's best to come out.

I am thinking . . . that I wish I had the evening off.

I am thankful . . . that I could "kidnap" THE Man over the weekend & take him out for some early Valentine's Day fun. I took him out to eat at a favorite restaurant & met some friends that he didn't know were coming at a movie theater to see Top Gun at IMAX in 3D & then supper w/our friends. Great day.

From the kitchen . . . tea pot on the stove, I'm listening for the whistle.

I am wearing . . . black jeans, black turtle neck, taupe cable-knit cardigan sweater.

I am creating . . . a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am going . . . to wrap up a project before I leave for work.

I am wondering . . . how the Lord will make my plans unfold.

I am hoping . . . that it's SOON.

I am reading . . . still re-reading "What the Bible Says About Healthy Living" by Dr. Rex Russel.

I am looking forward to . . . the cup of tea I'm about to pour.

I am learning . . . keep my ears open.

Around the house . . . I'm embarrassed at what I didn't get done today. :-( I needed to do some important research on the internet . . . well . . . tomorrow is another day.

One of my favorite things . . . the humility of my sweet husband, THE Man, when someone does something for him just because we love him.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . family time, work, cleaning the house, writing project, working on another project . . .

A favorite quote of the day . . . "'Self-surrender IS NOT the same as commitment.' ~ E. Stanley Jones; Commitment is something I have to do, surrender is voluntary." ~Notes from Sunday's sermon.

Scripture thought . . . "Then He said to them all: 'If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me.'" ~Luke 9:23 [emphasis mine] I choose to carry my cross for Christ.


A picture thought for you . . . 
 Isn't this sweet? An Irish Cottage on a teacup.
 
Read 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook & join the fun!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><    

1 comment:

  1. I love the new picture. The teacup is precious. My mother used to collect teacups and I inherited them. I have some really old ones. Maybe I will take some pictures of them and post sometime
    I love your early Valentine for your husband. He's already made plans for us so maybe next year I will do something like you did.
    As always I love you Daybook Entries. Of course, I also love the quote and scriptures.
    Blessings to you and have another Valentines Day too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails