Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, February 25, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#180~ 2/25/13

For Today . . . 

Outside my window . . . beautiful sun-shiney day. Welcome back sunshine!

I am thinking . . .  about what to name my new/used truck! Woohoo!!!

I am thankful . . . 1) for my new/used truck; 2) that all 3 of us are feeling better from the nasty colds we've had last week & weekend.

From the kitchen . . . nothing. Have been too sick to eat much except soup, broth, tea & juice.

I am wearing . . . jean skirt, brown tights, black sleeveless turtleneck, light brown cardigan sweater.

I am creating . . . a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am going . . . to work as the rest of my family comes home from theirs ~ the Monday night crew.

I am wondering . . . how "it" will all come together.

I am hoping . . . soon.

I am reading . . . "Celtic Cooking" cookbook.

I am looking forward to . . . Wednesday, when I can thoroughly clean my house. Admittedly, I've done NOTHING to it while we were sick.

I am learning . . . how good it is to have a family who loves each other & still takes care of each other even while we are ALL sick.

Around the house . . . sadly . . . nothing. Trying to save my strength for going to work.

One of my favorite things . . . "playing" with & experimenting w/herbs & essential oils.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . family time, work, cleaning the house, planning & preparing, baking, pantry stocking, lots of catching up on things that had to wait until we were better . . .

A favorite quote for the day . . . "God is looking for people through whom He can do the impossible. What a pity we plan to do ONLY the things that we can do by ourselves." ~ A.W. Tozer

Scripture thought . . . "The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in the sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." ~Isaiah 58:11


A picture thought for you . . . 
 WOW ~ No other words
Join the fun & read 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook! 

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><       

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you are all feeling better, Kim. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great daybook entry! I am so glad you are all feeling better. It really takes away a lot of energy when you are sick with colds are flu. It is sweet that you all take care of one another. Having a truck sounds fun. We just about bought one a while back. We always have needs for taking or picking up items for individuals on our Inner City Mission. We didn't do it; so we have to make arrangements for someone with a truck to help.
    I need to schedule a day for cleaning my house it is in bad shape.
    I have a granddaughter who is living with us. She is 21 years old. She got sick with the flu and decided to go to her home to get through it. Hopefully, we won't get the flu; we did have the flu shots.
    Have a great week and thanks for the quote, scripture and the great picture.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails