These two masks are GREAT anytime of the year, but ESPECIALLY in the Summer. They are very healing & hydrating for ANY skin-types ~ dry, sensitive, mature skins will soak them up; sunburned & windburned skins will feel soft & hydrated; even faces with oily skin will smile back at your in the mirror.
Both are so simple ~
~2 ts raw wheat germ
~2 ts applesauce
~1/2 ts almond oil (for drier skins) OR grapeseed oil (for normal/oily skins)
1) In a bowl, mix the applesauce & wheat germ
2) Let it sit & thicken for 5 minutes
3) Pull hair off your face with a headband
4) With your fingers, gently apply to your face & neck, avoid eyes & lips
5) Lay back & relax for 20-30 minutes
6) Remove mask with a cool water rinse
7) Dot the small amount of oil around your face & gently blend in. This should be a relatively small amount, you do not want to drip. Remove any excess with a tissue.
~2-3 ts raw honey, room temperature
~a headband; honey is runny & sticky so have your hair well tied back
~a small towel or dish towel to cover a pillow
1) With your fingers, apply the honey to your face, avoid eyes & lips
2) **NOTE** The honey will bead on your skin, it's supposed to do that :-)
3) Lay back with a small towel covering your pillow in case the warm honey runs a little (it probably won't ~ but just in case)
4) Leave on 15-20 minutes while it gently warms your skin
5) Rinse using a warm-to-hot wet wash cloth
These are such simple & effective face masks. Who needs all those chemicals and high priced store-boughts?
Let me know how much you LOVE yours.