Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, June 18, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#157~ 6/18/12


For today . . . 

Outside my window . . . terrible over-night thunder storms & torrential rain, & gray morning clouds have given-way to lovely blue skies, sunshine & lovely green leafy trees blowing in the breeze.

I am thinking . . . things I want to do to our house.

I am thankful . . . 1) for dear friends who will ride their motorcycle for 2 hours when it should have taken an hour, in the rain, stopping as they needed under under-passes, just to come & see us on a Sunday evening. 2) For my sweet Daddy. I miss him everyday. 3) For my sweet hubby ~ THE Man. Our girls are as blessed with him as their daddy as I was with mine.

From the kitchen . . . asiago cheese bagels. :-P

I am wearing . . . a gauzy, tie-died summer dress from Florida.

I am creating . . . a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am going . . . to putter around the house & then go to work ~ Monday's late shift.

I am wondering . . . if my fleece is really wet? (Mark 9:23-24)

I am hoping . . . that DD#1 will enjoy her new apt.

I am reading . . . "Cowards" by Glenn Beck. Please read this before the election!!! 50 pages of footnotes, incredible information that no one else is telling us.

I am looking forward to . . . a new president.

I am learning . . . to lead . . . like the old saying goes: the view only changes for the lead dog.

Around the house . . . laundry, sweeping, dusting . . . cleaning up from a busy weekend. I think THE Man had a great Father's Day.

One of my favorite things . . . the look of a sort of mix of primitive/shabby chic/northwoods cabin decor.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . family, work, waiting to see if I'm on the praise team 2 weeks in a row or not til next week, reading, writing an article & devotion . . .

A favorite quote for the day . . ."Who will the Holy Spirit allow me to love that I was unwilling to love yesterday? Who will the Holy Spirit allow me to forgive that I was unwilling to forgive yesterday?" ~from Sunday's Sermon.

Scripture thought . . ."'If I can?'" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" ~Mark 9:23-24

A picture thought for you . . . 

Read 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Kim. So much food for thought. Loving and forgiving are sometimes so difficult. I will clear my mind , open my heart and trust the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is actually the most we can do. Many times, the simplest things reap the most rewards.

      Blessings . . .

      Delete
  2. I sounds like you had a wonderful Father's Day and a good visit with friends.
    I am like you I miss my Daddy everyday. It's hard to lose parents.
    I love your style of decor. I often wish we could just sneak away to a cabin somewhere for a few days. We used to have access to a cabin of my Uncles.
    I will have to get the Book by Glen Beck and read it. I know that we don't know all of what has been going on in our country and it is scary. I am more than ready for a new President.
    I really loved your quote. I hope it is ok to share.
    Loved your daybook entry as usual.
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be riveted by Glenn's book. Even when I'm dog tired at the end of the day, I can hardly wait the read some of it. I HAVE to put it down before it gets too late or I'll read it all in one night & suffer the consequences the next day b/c of my lack of sleep! lol

      Blessings . . .

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails