Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, May 9, 2011

Homemade Steak Seasoning


The sun is shining brightly in our Ohio neck of the woods & I am looking forward to it sticking around for a while. And with warm weather, we like to grill out. My sweet hubby is our Grill-Meister. It must be a man thing ~ arr, arr, arr!

{He's the handsome one in the middle, braving the heat from the grill on an already hot day}
When we grill chicken I like to season it with a little Spike seasoning AND my favorite home-made all-around seasoning. My homemade seasoning works well on just about anything ~ & I mean anything! But THIS seasoning recipe is awesome on steaks.

You will need:

~a shaker container (a Kraft's Parmesan cheese shaker works perfectly)

~a medium-sized bowl

~a whisk

~4 ts sea salt

~4 ts paprika

~2 ts black pepper

~1 ts onion powder
~1 ts garlic powder

~1 ts. cayenne pepper

~1/8 ts coriander

~1/8 ts tumeric


1) Thoroughly mix all ingr
edients w/a whisk in the bowl
2) Carefully pour into the shaker container

3) Apply liberally onto your steaks ~ top, bottom & sides

4) Grill to your idea of perfection

5) Try your steak with my homemade steak sauce
!

{My herb & spice cupboard}
Hint: the best & freshest herbs & spices are found in bulk at health foods stores or bulk food stores. Buy what you need & store them in your own herb/spice jars.

Enjoy
!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your recipe; I am anxious to try it.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails