Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Tuna~Noodle Casserole ~ Even Tuna Haters Love This!

That's right ~ even tuna haters will love this tuna~noodle casserole.

Many times, you & I are called upon to take some yummy dish to friends & love-ones who are sick or who have just had a baby & I like to take this one. I don't mind telling you that there have been times when I've dropped off my casserole to families & told them it's a tuna-noodle casserole that it takes them just a split second to smile politely & say, "Oh, uh, thanks." lol But more often than not, when they return the casserole dish, they ask for the recipe saying, "I've NEVER had a tuna casserole that good! I usually can't stand them."

So, like the old commercial used to say: "Tryyyyy it, you'll liiiiike it."

You will need:

~6 oz. (3 c) medium-to-large noodles
~6 1/2 - 7 oz. can of tuna (drained)
~1/2 c. Mayonnaise
~1 c. sliced/chopped celery
~1/3 c. chopped sweet onion
~1/4 c. canned chopped pimiento
~1/2 ts. sea salt
~10 1/2 oz. can of condensed Cream of Celery soup
~1/2 c. milk
~8 oz. shredded sharp American cheese

1) Cook noodles using package directions; drain
2) Combine noodles, tuna, mayo, celery, onion, pimiento & sea salt
3) Blend celery soup & milk; heat through
4) Add 4 oz. (1 c.) American cheese; heat & stir until cheese melts. Add to noodle mixture
5) Stir into 2-quart casserole; top w/remaining shredded American cheese
6) Bake, UNcovered, @ 425* for 20 minutes
7) Serves 4-6

If you make this for someone, prepare everything up to #5. Let them bake it at their home so it will be nice & hot for their family. Don't forget to make some great herb bread or rolls (make a great herb bread by adding 2 TB of my herb mix to the bread recipe).

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

2 comments:

  1. This sounds good. We are a family that happens to like Tuna Cassarole so I think it will go over great. I would have never thought to add Mayo. I guess it must make it extra creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm sounds good makes me want a midnight snack LOL Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails